Stroker K Motor

Members dont see this ad

and my landlord who builds race motors basicaly big block v8s, laughed his head off at me and said anythings possible.

hell a 4y rebuild kit including sleaves can be had cheap enough so why can't i get creative, hell i don't care if it takes a year if i can get the 3 or 4 y crank to spin in a 5k block hell il go to town on the milling machine making shit fit haha. the ball and chain said keep it k so il build a big block k motor lol.

Edited by phil-keto

my understanding is that the head is the biggest restriction on a k engine? Wouldn't want to go to all that work only to find out it will hit a brick wall. Pretty sure I read that darren untubbed's ke10 wouldnt make any more than 150 odd rwkw because the head just wouldnt flow it?

I think you'll get it, if you spend enough time on your knee pads at the machine shop. It would be quite an angry motor by the time its finished : )

Keep us posted ol cheeze, this will be an interesting read =D

excuse my ignorance, but why not just use the complete 2y/4y engine? with whatever gearbox came in the van?

apart form the academic exercise, i don't really see the point in trying to combine the two?

I'm open to corrections of course.

excuse my ignorance, but why not just use the complete 2y/4y engine? with whatever gearbox came in the van?

apart form the academic exercise, i don't really see the point in trying to combine the two?

I'm open to corrections of course.

Ability to use K-series mounts perhaps? Although if you're putting that much effort into building an engine a couple of engine mounts are hardly a deal breaker...

my machine shop is accross the road and i pay in burbon haha his been bildign race motors for 40 years so machinign isnt an issue and why bother doing it because i can and wheres the fun in just dropping a 4y in a rolla when u can spend weeks building a one off k motor and have a ball