To Tall

Figjam14

Mate, if I can fit into a KE55....just about anyone can.

I'm around 6'3...most of the Brisbane RC guys can vouch for my size. I run a Recaro (was a standard seat) in my sedan, sure its a bit of a squeeze getting in and out of the car (mostly cause I'm not your normal size guy) but I can still drive the wheels off it.

My guess is what Hiro has mentioned...the floor under the seat isnt that well braced, and can crack. Have a look under the car for signs of the floor being busted. :)

Edited by Xany

Members dont see this ad

maybe you have your seat too close to the steering wheel?

I'm 180cm, but i think i have quite long legs...

i find in the ke70, with the standard ke70 steering wheel and seat, i can hardly move my legs as they get stuck between the seat and the wheel....

fixed that by getting a recaro which sat a good 80mm lower than stocko seat, wasnt even a "low mount" rail, just modified the standard rail. and i got a nardi wheel, STACKS of room now. running an ae82 twinky wheel now, not quite as good as nardi, but certainly a whole lot better than the stocko one.

even the s15 i can't quite get my legs under steering wheel to do "heal-toe" properly. might look at a recaro for that one day...more moneys.

what do you meen by recaro seats? i had a look at a set of saas bucket seats todaay and I'm pree keen to get them just not sure if i will sit lower though. i just took the drivers seat out and the rail looked f@$kkkked and has been rewelded in a few spots will put a picture up tomorrow

Dad had the same thing go on his old '55 (back left corner where the drivers seat bolts to the floor). But before that a spring or two in the seat gave out, dad was going to fix the seat but after he worked out that it sat him at the perfect position. But for me at 5'8", if i didn't use a pillow, i could just see over the steering wheel.

Jono the back seat of any rolla I have been in is about as comfy as trying to fit into a dish washer! Sure you can fit in, but not well. Even if they are a 4 seater they are still only a 2 seater disguised as a 4 seater.

Hahaha....yeah thought that was implied.....