V6 & T5 Gearbox

Hey there everyone,

Well I have been offered a commodore V6 and T5 gearbox for my ke55 with had a auto box in it and was told that the tunel was big enough to fit the T5

Just wondering if anyone has gone ahead with the conversion and just how much work is involved

Cheers Scott (me n d boy) :hmm:

Members dont see this ad

My old man did the exact same conversion but to a wb panel van, the only thing he had to change where the extractors. They had to be re shaped to clear the rails, so you need a bit of room or you will have to start cutting stuff. Does it come with the computer and wiring harnes? if it does then you still need to get a conversion kit (if they make one for it) which contains engine mounts and the rest of the electricals you need to complete the conversion. If they don't make a conversion kit for it that means you will have to fabricate engine mounts and possibly other things to make it fit. Sounds like alot of work.

Hope that helps :wink:

Heres a link to what the engine looks like sitting in the van.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/51736-1980-holden-wb-panel-van/

If the V6 and T5 were running gear from the same car, might be handy to grab a few other bits from that car such as the ECU, and driveline components, unless you plan to re-use some driveline components from the rolla.

My old man did the exact same conversion but to a wb panel van, the only thing he had to change where the extractors. They had to be re shaped to clear the rails, so you need a bit of room or you will have to start cutting stuff. Does it come with the computer and wiring harnes? if it does then you still need to get a conversion kit (if they make one for it) which contains engine mounts and the rest of the electricals you need to complete the conversion. If they don't make a conversion kit for it that means you will have to fabricate engine mounts and possibly other things to make it fit. Sounds like alot of work.

Hope that helps :wink:

Heres a link to what the engine looks like sitting in the van.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/51736-1980-holden-wb-panel-van/

this motor comes with everything complete loom ,ecu ,new mounts even had power steer pump removed and new belt to suit and engine mount mod to make it sit level in car , just need to mod the cross member in car to siut ,more worried about where the gear shift come though the floor if anything going to stop this conversion,but cheers will look at link :y:

this motor comes with everything complete loom ,ecu ,new mounts even had power steer pump removed and new belt to suit and engine mount mod to make it sit level in car , just need to mod the cross member in car to siut ,more worried about where the gear shift come though the floor if anything going to stop this conversion,but cheers will look at link :y:

The gear shift will most likly come out a fair way back in the housing considering it came out a fair way back in the van.

post-11496-0-94112300-1306737199_thumb.jpg

Man, that photo is years old.

The 308 in that thing has gone through all types of induction - NA, forced, nitrous.

Have a search through the Engine Conversions section or the rides section of the forum

There's a dude from Tassie thats putting one into his ke36. Interesting read cause he also used the struts and lower control arms from the commodore.

I'd say a trial fit with the gearbox would be in order just to see how close it'd be to the hand brake.

Side note - trans tunnel size doesn't change whether its an auto or manual. The only bit that changes is the mounts on the car body for the transmission.

Man, that photo is years old.

The 308 in that thing has gone through all types of induction - NA, forced, nitrous.

Have a search through the Engine Conversions section or the rides section of the forum

There's a dude from Tassie thats putting one into his ke36. Interesting read cause he also used the struts and lower control arms from the commodore.

I'd say a trial fit with the gearbox would be in order just to see how close it'd be to the hand brake.

Side note - trans tunnel size doesn't change whether its an auto or manual. The only bit that changes is the mounts on the car body for the transmission.

thanks good to know ,the mount points is what made me think there might be a differance :y: