What Makes You Happy Thread

18 hours ago, ke70dave said:

You are only 6 months ahead of me hiro. And my starting point marks when i was sick of ae86dc....about a year after i bought the ke70 :|

I started on Twincam.org, then moved to Toymods, then here shortly afterwards, followed by TOCAU, OzCelica, AE82ownersclub, ToyotaNation, AE101ownersclub, SoarerCentral, MightyCarMods (before someone flicked a switch and deleted everything after 2013....)

Well I say "moved", but I've stayed on all of them (apart from Twincam which got bought by a douche-canoe and died a quick death, and AE82oc went defuct)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Members dont see this ad

Breakthroughs that yield to more power!

I noticed the fuel pressure on 2az86 was low.  Adjusted it up 20 percent, atomises way better, car sounds and drives totally differently.  Had to adjust the fuel down only 9 percent at top end not 20 percent like the pressure variation should dictate.  Its swallowing more of it!  It used to go spastic at the top end, but now it goes spastic everywhere.  Such a simple thing...  Taller gears feel amazing, its like the motor got bigger the way the car feels.

• 2 months later...

WMMH a mate/customer I have been looking after his 4agte development/build over the last couple of years, made 368rwkw the other night at like 8-9psi lower than the(small amount of head room) boost limit I suggested. Oh and it's still alive, pretty stoked since it's still 1600cc and std port "bigport" cylinder head. But what really MMH was the super freaking sexy Modena racing gears 6spd sequential dog box he's got behind it..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well its official. Worked my first day in a Toyota dealership (after they took over the Holden dealer I worked for). can't wsit to sniff around the spareparts deptartment for some early KE bits :)

Hell I found a genuine VL rear muffler and fuel sender unit in our clean up.......

• 11 months later...

I don't really care much for sports the but my wife is mad on it so Olympics have been on 24/7.... I enjoyed that story in the decathlon where there were two Australian guys competing who were training partners. By the last event the older guy was out of medal contention, but he knew the time that the young guy needed to get it, so he kept encouraging him in the last event (1500m running) and made sure he didn't stop and kept going and the young guy made it and got the medal. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-06/tokyo-olympic-games-ash-moloney-decathlon-bronze-cedric-dubler/100357204

Good on them both. 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, parrot said:

I thinks that’s the essence of what the Olympics should be about, not billion dollar basketballers and tennis players.  Not sure why we should spend so much in AIS and so on though 

Delly spent time at the AIS, went and played College basket ball in the US. Wasn't drafted to the NBA but through guts and effort scored an NBA contract later on. Fast forward he now has a Bronze medal to go with his NBA Championship Ring.