Ke38 Panelvan 'grace' Now With More Sr20!

caibs

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

I had it aligned and all new bushes in the front, took it down the track and it was a bit sketchy. So it sat for a bit then went back to the shop for some more toe and new diff bushes. It's pretty awesome now, finally happy with the handling.

Also fitted a bunch of cosmetic bits like Venetians/centrecaps/dynamatted the rear floor and whatnot.

Next up I'll be tinkering with the brakes to try and get them spot on. N14 booster is the first port of call I reckon.

Snapchat-1460644511583739164_zpsjxyug7cy.jpg

Edited by caibs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

faultless motoring since running the 12, but the clutch was a bit torched so finally thought it was time to replace it.

while the motor was out to do the clutch i fitted a powertune twin scroll manifold with 2 38mm tial mvs gates topped with a gt3076. 82 rear

20170410_132508_zpsgvapmxrb.jpg

the old intercooler piping was absolutely terrible. the guy i used was an apprentice fabricator. you can see ho he didnt have the right size tube for the iac so he just welded a nut on and rounded it off. 

20170415_113604_zpsgxop0ft7.jpg

i bought a welder a while back and have been teaching myself to tig stainless on my other car that I'm building. so i thought it was a good opportunity to make new pipework. 

spent the last week and a half making a bunch of stuff, first off i had to modify the dump and make new screamer pipes. it was quite tight getting a 3 inch dump and 2 x 1.5 inch screamers, ensuring there was as much distance to the idler arm as possible.  got the dump wrapped in titanium heat wrap, came out very nice in the end. 

next was new 2.5" cooler piping and a 3" intake. the old intake setup consisted of a 90 degree bend,  small pod and no bov so it suffered from reverberation stalling. basically when you jump off the throttle abruptly the air coming back thru the turbo causes the afm to get some hectic signals and it dumps fuel in and stalls. so to remedy this ive made the intake as long as possible with a few 90 degree bends and a 25mm bov port thats hidden and points towards the turbo/away from the z32 afm.  on the plus side, air filter now sits behind the headlight. down side - gotta shift the battery. 

20170424_103243_zpsbzcsc4a2.jpg

here you can see the bov port behind the intake 

20170424_103255_zpsmuwtdhm6.jpg

throttlebody side piping, also with bov port hidden underneath. i have a turbosmart kompact plumb back to use, or if i want the zutututu ill just chuck a bung over the ports and you wont be able to see them. 

20170419_183848_zpsrlzwulhl.jpg

then made a new hardline to the heater core around the back of the motor as the rubber hose was looking tired. 

20170423_155703_zpsju0gc2t3.jpg

excuse the absolute mess

1493080936198-1638938010_zps8wljmcfe.jpg

next step is to replace the lower rad hose with stainless as its currently 2 hoses joined together. then shift the battery and neaten up the wiring because it bugs the shit out of me. after that it will be time to fire it up and go in for a tune. stock cams will limit the power, I'm guessing it will go 315 ish rwhp. 

i have also made a couple other things that i will post up once its out of the shed.

cheers its nearly ready just got to finish tidying up the wiring and a few other small items to address before the tune on thursday. going to have to pull my finger out as i need to pop away for work for a night as well.

i actually had a heavy dig through your thread of how much you had to modify the tunnel to fit the jatco in, as i hope to go auto in this at some point. i have one on the shelf with a 3000 stall and a b&m shifter

20170430_194012.jpg

Edited by caibs

• 3 weeks later...

Auto changes things a fair bit, it makes the car whole lot faster and crazier skids. it certainly does point the car way more towards drag racing though,  and with a high stall can limit usefulness at the circuit track. I can't remember but if you're in qld I'd be happy to take you for a spin in mine. 

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the offer mate id love to go for a lap in it. unfortunately I'm in perth though. 

so it went on the dyno and fell on its face at 6000rpm. we think either soft valve springs or ignition is letting it down. 

so i got 270 degree camtechs

performance valve springs

crane hi6 and lx92 coil

ported manifold with a 70mm throttlebody (free off a mate so i figured why not) 

motor and box came out again to fix a few leaks and do the manifold. now just need to put it all back together and get it back on the dyno.  also going to coble together a catchcan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Valve springs is pretty likely, especially if the engine sounded OK when it fell on its face.  Depending on the boost you are running usually seat pressure Is the issue. I had that problem with my car, it was really hard to find springs that aren't mega overkill,  mazworks for example had springs that were more than twice the pressure at full lift than what was required.  I ended up with performance springs as well as they offered a set that was spot on what i was chasing.   

• 4 weeks later...

well I'm glad youre happy with your performance springs as thats what i have got now haha! 

so now its running and ready to go for a tune. as long as i can get work off this week its all booked in and good to go. compression tested and came up sweeeet at 155psi across the board when at running temp