Ke38 Panelvan 'grace' Now With More Sr20!

caibs

Members dont see this ad

ahaha i'd be keen on some roof racks. dunno how you'd post them though ey. i havent actually pulled the visor off yet, is lowering it just a matter of cutting and redrilling?

I got them posted to me through auspost. They totally come apart.

I dunno about the visor, my one screws in I just re-drilled some holes.

• 1 month later...

little update;

installed a cool little stereo so i can play some tunes - but left the original am radio in place and fully working.

getting some steel wheel trims sent over from a member on here, really need to drop the stockies off to get widened & lower it in the mean time.

the k50 was leaking from a few places and with a bit of research i found out that you need to dissasemble the box and pull the gearset to change the front seal. found a place in belmont to do it cheaper than the rest, at $220 i thought it was a good price. got it back last night and put a new clutch in it as the oil ruined the other one. fingers crossed it has no more leaks. i don't wanna fork out for any more clutches!

• 4 weeks later...

new updates!

- wired up some spotties and hid them behind the grill

- installed a ke30 centre console without drilling any new holes so my stereo doesnt look so out of place

- i also wired up a piezo buzzer, which goes off when i forget to turn off my headlights so i don't get a flat battery. reallly easy to do and only costs like $4 if anyone wants to know how to do their own just ask!

DSCF0331.jpg

and finally, the widened steelies idea got scrapped when i got offered these rims for a good price. so off they went to get new tyres this morning.

14x7jj volk meshies, close to 0 offset, with a new set of 175/65's on them.

and yes, i do realise that it looks like a 4x4. i still need to get off my ass and lower it. might go for a raked look and just drop the front. not sure yet.

pretty stoked with it in general though, just went on a 700km trip this weekend and it didnt miss a beat.

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

update time;

finally got around to lowering it. had the leafs reset 3" with an extra leaf added. didnt drop it nearly as much as i'd hoped so i threw some 2" blocks in it and now not only does it sit nicely, but i think the blocks give the shocks slightly more travel so its a smoother ride too. stoked.

chopped the fronts and it doesnt bottom out whatsoever, pretty happy actually. rolled the guards a little and so far everything is gravy.

some cheeky bastard broke into it the other night, pinched my emergency vb & ashtray full of coins. so if anyone has an ashtray lying around hit me up.

picture time!

excuse the crap phone pictures too

DSCF0410.jpg

285863_10150292947712702_605677701_7928666_1688230024_o.jpg

329589_10150292948282702_605677701_7928671_462641769_o.jpg

• 1 year later...

its been a while..

since the last update i have painted the old panno in snow white. that was an absolute ʞ©$ɟer. i don't think i will paint a car again any time soon.

started re-panneling the interior trims with finished cedar to replace the factory cardboard trims, looks quite good but need more cash, the cedar is quite expensive.

i had a new rear seal put in the gearbox which it turns out you have to disasemble the entire box to get to it. one of the shafts in the box were worn so had that replaced while it was apart. no more slippy clutches.

also put a new motor in. super healthy and good, carby is a bit rubbish though.

allllso, wired in an ebay central locking kit with tailgate pop, it spins people out to see such an old car with central locking haha. remote is a bit crap though. what can you expect from ebay though i guess.

however, the real news is, i have picked up a sr20de, box, ecu, loom when i found out jordan was making mounting kits for the ke30's. sooo i got a hydraulic pedal box + the mounting kit off him. pretty excited about that. i just want it to be efi & smooth. i will attempt to hook up the air con system too. i want it to be a nice comfy daily. got a set of ca18 seats for it too.

anyway, i still need to buff the paint, and once i do i will upload some photos.

does anyone know where i can get a 3-colour pinstripe made? i'd like to replicate the one that was on it before i stripped it for paint.

well i still havent buffed it. pretty busy at the moment but heres some pictures. still need to figure out how to mount the chrome trim on the bonnet. all the bolts sheared off when i removed it. sorry about the shocking quality of the pictures btw.

0F09AAC0-27E6-42D0-BFA1-6256BB5F699B-4716-000005175609580B_zps8db8a222.jpg

wish i'd taken some more pics of the painting process.

E6E91350-0615-486E-ADFB-41F6B953BD7F-4716-0000051751334E61_zpsb4842f06.jpg

and heres one of my jzx81. managed a 12.5 the other day but its got an 11 in it.

photo.jpg

Edited by caibs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...