Ke38 Panelvan 'grace' Now With More Sr20!

caibs

things are progressing steadily. yesterday i ran a 3/8 fuel line. i'm waiting on a facet lift pump in the mail and i'll be able to install most of the surge tank setup. its going to be under car, its a bit tight but i think i'll be able to make it work.

oncs the fuel system is in, its just;

tailshaft

wiring

thermo fan

doesn't sound like much but i think wiring will be a bit of a hassle. going to keep the standard dash so it might be interesting.

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

- i also wired up a piezo buzzer, which goes off when i forget to turn off my headlights so i don't get a flat battery. reallly easy to do and only costs like $4 if anyone wants to know how to do their own just ask!

So can you please tell me how you wire up a piezo buzzer/ where do you buy.

pretty simple mate you can buy them from jaycar or ebay. they're about 3 bucks or so.

you then find your headlight circuit (use a test light and turn the lights on and off until you've identified it) and tee into it.

for the neutral, take off the kick panel and tee into the back of the drivers door switch. these are normally open switches, so when you open the door, the buzzer circuit is closed and it will buzz if your headlights are on & the door is open. works a treat, super easy to do.

in other news, i finished the fuel system, all under car to keep it legal and nice. used an EFI hardware under car 600ml surge tank, facet lift pump & vl turbo fuel pump. i also had pirtek make me up a 5/16 to 1/2" tee peice so i could tap into the factory fuel breather. i think this was probably the hardest part of the conversion so far. space is such a restriction under the car. i'll see if i can get some pics, i know this thread is lacking them.

finally a couple pics.

under car fuel system. i still need to get p-clamps for the fuel hose and alloy line that runs to the engine bay.

DSCF0597_zps59bc6d67.jpg

DSCF0596_zpsb45bcd97.jpg

how she sits;

DSCF0599_zpsb8929b2b.jpg

how the motor sits in the bay:

DSCF0598_zps806af6d1.jpg

picked up a set of extractors for $40. pretty stoked they fit extremely well. need to get the tailshaft made up and sort out the radiator hoses next.

Edited by caibs

• 2 weeks later...

picked my tailshaft up last friday and went to repco and hunted through their hoses to find what i needed. costly experience, even with a repco card i got slugged $130 for two hoses!! so overpriced. however i did find a hose off a subaru that fits the top radiator outlet perfectly. the bottom one is a bit so-so but i think i'll be able to make it work.

next up, order an electronic speedo, source a speedo sensor as my gearbox didnt come with one, put some fluids in and start wiring the loom in !

right on.

the whole water system is now plumbed in.

speedo has been ordered and i sourced a sensor. also got a coil and ignitor off a pulsar with an sr in it so hopefully that is compatible with the s13 donk.

and most importantly, the loom. done by pete from plms. such a good job it was worth the wait.

af7c0a6e-c6f4-4aca-8678-b5d74b70a7d8_zpsf258335f.jpg

she lives !

got it started last night. just a tester to see if it would go really. sounds rad coming straight out of the extractors haha. neighbors would probably disagree though.

there's still a buttload of work to do before its driveable though. will chip away at a little more today. pretty excited though i can't wait to drive it, its been a few months since i've driven her.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been very busy with work but had the day off today to get stuff done. unfortunately its raining steadily so i decided to install the electronic speedo. i wanted to keep the dash as original looking as i could i'm quite happy with the result.

IMG_0555_zps22c1f3bf.jpg

IMG_0556_zps5635b5b1.jpg

IMG_0557_zps1f21cd3c.jpg

sorry about the quality of the photos !

• 1 month later...

so i had a week off work last week to get this thing on the road. had some issues with the afm but eventually sorted them out and drove it to the exhaust shop on friday with it running straight out of the extractors. was a bit disapointed at first, seemed pretty gutless.

picked it up today, what a difference an exhaust makes! it single pegs pretty well haha!

at the end of the day, its just a n/a 2L so its not exactly a rocket, but compared to the 4k, its rediculous ! and it doesn't sound as bad as i thought it would either. no milo tin on the old girl, just a blacked out droopy tip.

IMG_0719_zps388ba684.jpg

so whats left to do is only small things:

- wire in the speedo & tacho

- clean up some interior & wiring

- blank old shifter hole and modify the console

- re install the stereo

- find a pod/mushroom filter that'll fit.

- find a way to quieten the facet lift pump or replace it with a different lift pump

but yeah, overall i'm stoked with her. looking forward to the reliability of a stock, efi late(ish) model engine.

• 4 weeks later...

well the facet fuel pump crapped itself after 1000 km's so i put in a carter pump.

carter-fuel-pump.gif

twice the price

twice the size

half as loud !

blessing in disguise as far as i'm concerned. the facet was so very loud and annoying.

cleaned up the rims as well. she's looking pretty good now, drives well too. still needs a few minor things. will try and finish off the cedar panelling on the interior next.

29A4E019-AA41-45FC-B6ED-3F15014E0416-1028-000001114E55B7C1_zps1422dd3f.jpg

• Upvote 1

haha it definately grew on me. i never used to like wagons/vans.

the interior got a birthday with some timber panelling to replace the crappy cardboard panels that were deteriorating. looks much better in real life than in this photo. i'll take some better photos with my good camera and post them up during the week.

0D2C4DA3-6179-44A9-BAAD-0A67DF0F2395-1133-00000142F55EC4FF_zps86ad9372.jpg