Turbo Zze122

what kind of power and revs you planning?

the crank rods and valves will handle a LOT

doing the prep right is the important thing.

THE biggest thing you MUST make sure of is the balancing, and the balancing of the oil pump and front pulley.

i have seen a few 2zzs die due to aftermarket crank pulley kits.

they arent balanced right and set up harmonics through the crank. this causes the oil pump to fail and then its good bye motor

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking about 10rpm 10 500rpm shift and ye i didn't know that some of the stock internals could handle a lot, but i must admit i have had a small feeling that when it came to Australia they government butchered the power settings on the car.

does any one know if i need to re tune the factory ecu when the mods are done?

The mods might not be as extensive then i first thought, if some of the internals cane take a bit of punishment then there's no need to stress about it so much

yall know anyone that cane keep my car tuned so that i don't end up doing the same thing that i did to my old car.

any feed or ideas will be appreciated

thanks

:y:

hay there just saying that yes the 2zz-ge motors do have a higher compression i think its at 11.5 to 1 ratio and there is no one that wants to touch mine for a turbo conversion and the only other way you can go is with a low blow charger and then your faced with the money issue cause the only comp that cane work it is the Aulltronic and they are not cheap.

With the low blow charger you might getaway with keeping the compression ratio where it is not to sure.

Bill (aka Xoom's ZZE123 2ZZGTE Sportivo - 8.8:1, GT28, Apexi Power FC, 21psi, 250kw atw, 12.638 second 1/4 @ 186km/h.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

ok, thats pretty high

only ones i know of running that high often are dry sumped. and blueprinted. in single seaters.

yes you will need a new ECU

and a good one.

what you are talking about is a pretty $$ project.....

OK cool thanks for letting me know. i plan to do the work little by little i just want to get all the small gear out of the way first and the only snag Ive hit with the small parts................ i can't seem to find any one that do after market coil packs for the car i mean the real beefy ones that will help get a better spark out, i am also gonna need some help in sourcing parts and places where i can get this done

Bill (aka Xoom's ZZE123 2ZZGTE Sportivo - 8.8:1, GT28, Apexi Power FC, 21psi, 250kw atw, 12.638 second 1/4 @ 186km/h.

ye i see but you dropped compression to fit it which means changing internals and a power FC is a plug and play system not a real comp unit

and i recon once my motor is done it will be better balanced and a lot faster then that any one cane slap new gear on a car a turbo and then place a plug and play sys on it my philosophy has always been tweak a motor slowly over time till you have a perfectly balanced monster

reducing the compression and bolting a turbo to this motor feels to me like ripping the soul out of the car

but hay that's just my opinion and you seem to have gotten good results from it that's good to hear,

i guess i am just of a different breed

heres a question for you

do you, or can you get $15000 to do this project?

it will take some doing but ye i might be able to get the funds together if not ill just change the pistons and comp get higher compresion thats safe for the motor the way it is now.

and get just a little power out of it........... ill have to think about it now that does seem like a lot of money and i do have a house to pay for.

thanks for the general idea of what its gonna cost me.

:)

I'd be surprised if the stock coil packs don't have enough go. They're a common mod on aftermarket ecu installs on 4AGE's and I've seen them run decent turbo 4A's at nearly 200kw.

OK cool thanks for letting me know. i plan to do the work little by little i just want to get all the small gear out of the way first and the only snag Ive hit with the small parts................ i can't seem to find any one that do after market coil packs for the car i mean the real beefy ones that will help get a better spark out, i am also gonna need some help in sourcing parts and places where i can get this done

I'd be surprised if the stock coil packs don't have enough go. They're a common mod on aftermarket ecu installs on 4AGE's and I've seen them run decent turbo 4A's at nearly 200kw.

cool man then that means that the ones on my car are stuffed hahah and ye to think of it i think that i had a piston drop out every now and again hahahah man iam an idiot such a simple thing and i didnt even spot it thenks for the heads up

:)

• 2 years later...

There are only a few ecu's that will be able to run the vvti correctly

Id say go with the haltech platinum sport 1000

It has enough inputs and outputs so you can maintain all factory features like aircon, idle control, vvti etc...

• 2 weeks later...

heheh, I guess inline with the thread dig, I'll post some pics of the conversion I finished.

It's using an MY08 WRX TD04L on a merge collector manifold, st215 injectors, walbro, 6-speed with LSD, XR6 turbo cooler and Vipec V44 ECU with gear based boost control. Has been running for 40,000km now turbocharged, makes for an awesome daily driver. It was running a MR-S powerfc initially before installing the v44 in 2009

Manifold:

http://www.simplyeservices.com/1zz/project39.jpg

Turbo/dump/heatshield:

http://www.simplyeservices.com/1zz/project41.jpg

Installed:

http://www.simplyeservices.com/1zz/project56.jpg

http://www.simplyeservices.com/1zz/project58.jpg

Initial Dyno:

http://www.purcellperformance.com/Tech/1zzfte_dyno1.jpg

Recent Dyno run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5S6hcDXIJo