Ke10/Gt4

ke10jr

Hi guys,

Ok so i own a nanna spec ke10 and its coming to the point where I'm nearly finished restoring it! it is too original to cut it up so now il soon be on the hunt to get another ke10/11 time to go race spec :yes:

I want everyones thoughts on my idea i want to know if its possible or has been done,

I want to convert the ke10 to all wheel drive using celica GT4 running gear or from the corolla AWD station wagon, not decided if i wanna go rotary or black top 20v for engine but 4x4 FOR SURE if its possible

i want to do this properly NOT budget!

your input and help much appreciated :y:

Members dont see this ad

I think that the problem will be that the celica is a East West motor, so you might not have the engine bay space in a KE10/11.

I might be wrong but untill some measurements are made I think it may be too wide. You would probably also want a 2 litre motor

for 4x4 as I don't think that the 4AGE in an NA form has enough torque to be quick with that setup. Or just go turbo. Or just use the GT4 engine and driveline.

The corolla AWD wagon that you are thinking of is the Tercel SR5 4x4 I believe. That would be the one to go for as it is a North South orientation BUT....

The driveline itself wouldn't be able to take too mutch power but I am probably wrong on that.

I think that the problem will be that the celica is a East West motor, so you might not have the engine bay space in a KE10/11.

Lightbulb! - Oh Yeah.....

Your dreaming, not that there is anything wrong with that

Someone posted a link to a KE35 or 55 with a Soarer drive line a couple months back.

That was a custom chassis made and the car shell dropped on top... with massive flares to fit the wider footprint. That is the only way I can see this working.

I'd love to see you try! :yes:

Do you have a house and are you willing to sell it?

I personally think it can't be done.

I'm glad I waasnt the first naysayer

Anything can be done.

Think outside the box.

True. How much money have you got?

It's been done in a KE55!

Bill Zilla KE55 AWD rally car

Well actuall, he didn't. He started and didn't finish. Anyone familiar with bills stuff will probably have worked out that he seems to have a shit load of money. Last paragraph of that page and he's making mention of how much that projects costing...

If you want to have a crazy ke10, put a turbo 4age in. If you want a turbo awd, buy the gt4 and drive that.

There's an awd chevy v8 powered 260z kicking around Melbourne. The 260z is blessed with enough room in the engine bay to fit the whole ke10.

Edited by philbey