Ae71 Pedal Box Question.

I'm looking at buying an AE71 pedal box, clutch line, etc. For my engine conversion in my KE70.

Now, i'm just wondering what else I need.

- Manual pedal box

- Clutch line

- Master cylinder

What else do I need to be able to get it working.

Cheers,

Callum.

Members dont see this ad

ok first of all

do not buy a 2nd hand slave cylinder or master cylinder. under 50 bucks each for a BRAND NEW one from repco.

i cringe when i see people trying to sell them for 70 each 2nd hand.

secondly, nothing special about the ae71 hardline. except that it fits nicely on the fire wall. its just a piece of pipe with 2 10mm (?) nuts on the end.

but people charge to much for them.

if you can't find one for under 10 dollars, go and find an old RWD celica at the wreckers, get its clutch line and bend it into shape. and if you need to shorten it, take it to a hydraulics shop and get them to cut it, and put a new nut on the end (cheap as, fast too)

you will need the rubber soft line that goes between the hard line and the slave. if the rubber soft line looks in bad shape, get a new one made, under 50 dollars. DO NOT pay any money for a rubber line that looks stuffed. get it for free, and take it to a hydraulic shop and say "make me a new one of these"

the pedal box itself, unfortunately you can't do much except pay the exaggerated prices. unless you are prepared to modify the standard manual one, guy on here did it recenetly, few hours with a welder and he was in business.

T-50 gearbox from an ae71/ae86

engine crossmember from ae71

steering rack from ae71

engine braces to gearbox

radiator from ae71/hyundai excel

clutch, flywheel assembly to suit motor/box combo

gearbox crosssmember

tailshaft to suit t-50 to whichever diff you are running

etc etc depending on what configuration your 4agze is in