4Age 20V Into Ke70 ,Confustion, Parts List!!

Basically I'm looking to do the conversion and am struggling to figure out all the parts that i need to hoard

if anyone would be so kind to fire away at the essential parts needed one would be most grateful,

any ideas on good upgrades would be heaps good too (brakes suspension), chasing a street/track set up ,

mods please don't get p.o'd ive read that thread about this a millon times

still struggling to figure out what diff, tail shaft computers fuel delievery shit like that .

Cheers :)

Members dont see this ad

Hahaha, prepare to be flamed. I am doing a similar conversion, but the 20v I am using has come from my old AE86.

I'll ramble off a couple of things off the top of my head....

You'll need a T50 box (or some other box for the A engine) and an AE71 crossmember. You'll need to replace your fuel line/pump. With the AE86 the dizzy at the back of the engine (at the back once it's rotated to RWD) interects with the firewall, so you either have to cut a whole in the firewall (bad idea!) or relocate the dizzy. You'll need various steering/suspension bits from an AE86 or AE71. The tailshaft depends on the diff, which is up to you... I believe if you keep the stock KE70 diff you will need an AE71 tailshaft. Computer ECU is really up to you... I have a Link G4 Storm, as it supports the coilpack setup I have. You will also need a pedal box to allow you to use the hydraulic clutch of the T50.

My best advice is to search around.... as you have said, this thread is up a million times, most of them will contain at least some of a list of whats required. People will get annoyed cause you don't seem to have done any research.

I typed "KE70 20v conversion" into google and the first result was: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?11626-20v-into-ke70-ae86-ae71 which seems ok...

If you haven't already started, I'd suggest doing a lot of research first (as you should with any conversion). If you haven't been able to find any information on the conversion (which is unlikely) maybe you should be the one to make a page with a detailed write up.

Just be aware that it isnt' a simple "drop it in on a saturday afternoon" conversion (basically any conversion isn't) and it will end up costing a lot more that you first think.

Also you mentioned street/track setup... To get it legally on the street you will need to have it engineered (talk to an engineer in your state before starting the conversion). As for track, what type of track work are you after? Drift, Drag, Circuit etc. If you are chasing crazy power, be aware that slapping a turbo on a 20v isn't an extremely easy exercise either (you have to combine parts from various different engines to ensure the internals can withstand the boost).

SamQ has written up a lot on the conversion... read the articles on his site: http://s-86.com/articles.html

thanks mann much appreciated , can i ask, which coils did u use? I'm reading there that the hole diameter on the 20v is 24mm but the smallest toyota coils u can get are about 24.4 and need machining down, did u end up machining urs? or finding some to suit, also wen u say steering bits from a ae86 or ae71 do u mean coz the ke70 bits wont hold up? or clearance issues?

Cheers for the spoon feeding man :P hahah will be sure to get some details and photos of the build up here probs make that page too can't believe there isnt a "step by step " guide so to speak by now lol

My silvertop was installed by a mechanic, who did all the work/hard stuff. I believe it's running a coilpack from a mid 90s Subaru and had custom leads made.

As for the suspension/steering bits I'm still not 100% sure, we are in the process of fitting the 20v to my KE70. I believe different suspension/steering parts are required for clearance.

You'll also need mounts.

Edited by Sloth