Lexus 1Uz-Fe V8 Into A Ke70

uncle silvia

Hi all

Ive been a bit quiet on here for a while now and my KE has been sitting in my garage here in the UK while i went traveling to NZ and OZ last year!! (Loved it :D )

Anyway I met lots of people over there with KEs and various engine swaps and ideas and it got me thinking!!!

I had always planned to do an engine swap and was probably going to do a 4AGE swap like everyone else..... but me being a little different and always fancied a V8 car of some kind is now considering the Lexus 4.0 1UZ-FE lump!!

Main reasons I'm considering this are...............

- Its a V8 :lol:

- It makes THAT noise!!

- Its cheaper to buy than a good 4AGE here in the UK

- I can run it as a standard reliable engine and still have more power than the 4AGE with a good tune!

- Its not massively heavy due to the all aluminum design.

- Its Mega reliable and revvy for a V8

- Its a bit different to the norm (the way I like it)

I met a guy in CHCH NZ that had a V8 Turbo KE70 with about 450bhp!! I had a good chat with him and he said if I leave out the turbo bit the engine is actually pretty easy to fit with some modded mounts and a different diff/prop etc along with some wiring/ECU work.

However, I'm trying to avoid chopping to much of the car away as my shell is overrated. He did say it will pretty much fit with the O/E bay and tunnel its just a bit tight around the gearbox (Ide use a manual from a supra with a conversion plate).

The main issue I have is here in the UK details are very minimal as the cars are rare and I don't think this conversion has been done here for me to measure off. My car will just be a fun road car NOT a competition car so a mental spec will not be required. I want to keep it looking as stock as possable with the exception of wide wheels and low stance.

Is there anyone on this site or any other website that can advise me on this before I buy/start anything, and on any other aspect of the conversion??

Any help and advice would be great and then I can look into getting on with it lol.

Here is the V8 Turbo one I saw in NZ..........

20476_315236649091_511144091_3463735_6063715_n.jpg

20476_315236634091_511144091_3463733_4290990_n.jpg

20476_315236694091_511144091_3463739_4963673_n.jpg

20476_315236684091_511144091_3463738_6210683_n.jpg

And here is my Youtube inspiration.............

MotorFIX Corolla Coming Soon

MotorFIX Corolla Unveiling

MotorFIX Corolla V8 first test

Lloyd Smith Drift Demo

Edited by uncle silvia

Members dont see this ad

Lloyd Smith and the guys....

they've done it, they know what to do.

You better come back over with a tape measure, a camera and a lot of beers! :laff:

Hence the last Vid I Linked lol

Are thos guys on here?? Any contact details so I can have a word :yes:

And yes ide love to come back :cool:

was that in christchurch ?? my brother is in the army there (hes an engineer) and the army mechanic does crazy engine conversions very cheap - and very well - I was there in late '09 and there is a massive tuner scene - and they love the ke rollas !!

my bro was looking at getting a v8 into corolla conversion done by this dude - but then he got a twin turbo rwd legnum sedan and i suppose its off till blows the thing up - ill shoot him off an email and see if hes done any lexus v8's though .... :y:

was that in christchurch ?? my brother is in the army there (hes an engineer) and the army mechanic does crazy engine conversions very cheap - and very well - I was there in late '09 and there is a massive tuner scene - and they love the ke rollas !!

my bro was looking at getting a v8 into corolla conversion done by this dude - but then he got a twin turbo rwd legnum sedan and i suppose its off till blows the thing up - ill shoot him off an email and see if hes done any lexus v8's though .... :y:

Yea i lived In Christchurch for 5 months last year and loved it!! Mental old Jap car everywhere unlike the UK and many with silly engine conversions!! :yes:

Any info off anyone would be greatfully recieved. I just want to know if its possable to do this fairly easily (i.e. The engine will fit in the bay and the gearbox will fit under the car without mega money mods), the rest of the conversion should be no different from most other engine and running gear swaps hopefully.

Edited by uncle silvia

This might help:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=431244

Build thread of Lloyds Ke70.

I've seen the car in person on a regular basis and on the track and it's pretty mental. :yes:

Thanks very much I'll have a good read. I know he cut the firewall to move the engine back tho but Ive seen others that look like they have fitted without modding the firewall? Hes probably done this for weight balence reasons which I'm not so bothered about for normal road use. The engine is still only 4 cylinders long just a bit wider lol

think this is him on here too Lloyd Smith Corolla

Edited by uncle silvia