What Have You Done To Your Car Lately?

pipster11

Members dont see this ad

Nothing major but picked up some new black window winders, was getting sick of my painted brown ones that had most of the paint worn off.

IMAG0710.jpg

Just need to do the roof lining, sun visors and reupholster the rear seats and the interior is close to being done.

The dash needs a full retrim but thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the list.

Edited by blzbub666

• 2 weeks later...

mine has been undergoing renovations for a couple of weeks now

its up in the air (kinda) with no front driveshafts, tie rod ends and a lot of stuff unbolted

on another not totally unrelated note, will someone give me a hand getting the gearbox out? (its an ae92 with a 4age)

send me a pm, i'm willing to pay in money or beer at this stage

on my daily I have broken a window, replaced it using two layers of cardboard, duct tape and spray paint and then bought 3 wheels and tires for $90.

On the one that hasn't been driven in 6 months and isn't allowed on the road anyway, I have bought new wheel nuts, reconditioned the wheels, bought a cheap oil filter relocation kit which would work with my existing cooler for $175, and I've now gone on to buy a thermostat for it ($105) and then 4 adaptors and hose ends so I can fit the thermostat ($120). Currentlylooking at the $400 thermostat and cooler included kits and kicking myself lol. Removed the entire fuel system and started converting the lift pump to intank.

Currently looking for a TRD 2 way LSD, and a set of either Suzuki GTI seats or not gay coloured WRX seats!!

Edited by cerby

Doesn't need any more mods, but the passenger's door handle was sticking 'up' and the girl never got around to stripping it in her holidays.. Because of the lifting design, when the pivots wear the handle starts to jam against the chrome fitting on the outside. The extra friction soon screws the handle up.

So I sprayed silicon in the holes where the handles go through the door skin, put grease on the 'back' of the lifting handle and shot the silicon around the window winder handles too.

4 doors working smooth as silk.....

well i managed to separate the gearbox from the motor but its still holding onto it by the input shaft despite all my wiggling and levering

might be borrowing an engine crane, just getting a bit over it, i just want it back on the road so i can use it

Edited by pipster11

Bought another EL31 as a parts car from Rosscoe in Kempsey. Complete car so hopefully will have all the little bits and bobs I need to finish mine off. The things I'm most excited about are the front indicators/parkers that i've been searching for months for (so glad I held off on chopping my front bar up to fit something else), another full interior complete with back seat and factory steering wheel, '91 model rear bumper which has an extra part that matches the shape of the side skirts well, and all the other bits that don't exist anywhere like door locks and window washer squirters and stuff. Keen as, haha

Edit: Shoot... Sorry, I'm not in Tassie!

If I was, there'd be an AE9x owner getting a hand putting a gearbox back in! :yes:

well i managed to separate the gearbox from the motor but its still holding onto it by the input shaft despite all my wiggling and levering

might be borrowing an engine crane, just getting a bit over it, i just want it back on the road so i can use it

I've been here before, except with an AE82. :) If you think getting it out by yourself is fun, I recommend getting someone to help you put it back in! :yes:

The project car has had some more bog applied & more primer has been purchased.

Blue Thing has had Cordia Turbo front seats (comfy!)& AE9x rear seats installed, speaker wiring fixed & finally had a service. :blush:

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...