irokin

Rollaclub World Map

Hey all,

Some of you might remember the Rollaclub World Map?

post-7-1264898017_thumb.png

7shades reminded me about it this afternoon. I had to do a little bit of fixing up since one of the forum updates broke it, but its working again!

You can check it out here: http://www.rollaclub.com/map/ or have a look at the original announcement here.

Members dont see this ad

Hey! I remember this, was actually wondering what happened to it. It kinda needs a permanent place on the main page or in the header?

This is kind of like putting a target over your car, with all the theft these days. haha stealing mine would do me a favor

I addressed some of these concerns in my original post:

While you can zoom down to street level and leave a really exact location I'd recommend putting it at perhaps a major intersection or landmark near your house. Its entirely up to you how accurate you want to leave your location but that would be my suggestion. Its also completely optional as to whether you leave your location or not. If you don't feel comfortable thats fine and you can remove your location at any time you wish.

The data stored is also intentionally vague. The accuracy is between about 10 and 100 meters and I can adjust that accuracy down (worse) at will and even blur the data randomly. If you're really really uncomfortable just slap your location in the CBD or 2 suburbs over. They've got as much chance of finding you then as they do now.

This is cool, I would have been the only one in Alice Springs, haha

Hmmm maybe at the end of the year

I was thinking about the map the other day.

Hey Rob, i'll send you some flowers :lol:

lol thought id add myself on there. note my location is actually the shed at the back not up the front in the house lol. not too worried about people knowing my whereabouts, most of you have been here at some stage...

those who havent should drop sometime for a beer or similar cool beverage :D

lol can mine be the symbol of an aeroplane thats in a different position everytime you press F5? =D