New Ra40

ratfiend

Hey guys I just bought my first ra40 and am keen to spend some coin on it.. Does anyone know where I can find an 18rg and how easy the conversion is? Also I want to make the brakes better and do the suspension the best possible way.. Any ideas? Cheers guys

Members dont see this ad

18rg's pop up regularly on ebay and the toymods forum, so keep an eye out there. They are a great old school engine.

Most need a rebuild, so expect to need around $2500 to do the job properly, especially if you are going bigger pistons.

Assuming the engine in your RA40 is an 18RC, its a piece of piss to do. Pull engine out. Install engine. Extend a wire or two, get the radiator hoses and fuel lines running in the right spot and off you go. Biggest challenge will be getting the throttle linked up - www.rmcarburetors.net sells a cable kit that works well.

For brakes, I would use the commonly used Xt130/rt132 corona twin pot brake caliper/strut upgrade.

Suspension.. king springs.. kyb shocks.. do all the bushes in the front and rear end.. and make sure the steering parts are all sound, and she will be a great machine.