How Do You Lower A Ke10?

decoop

I'm still wondering if you can run a ke20 balljoint in the ke10 A-arm, Doesn't look far off, then you could modify knuckles for more lock and fit ke20 struts with the disk's etc

Technotoytuning weld kits seem better to me than otomoto ones and they're only $199US + Post so around $250AUD

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh for sure, it's just that stock struts are close to the body so you can't pull them in much before they hit. If the coilovers are narrower you can get a little extra.

I got a price for a group buy of the Otomoto kit that was pretty good, but it hasn't been a priority for me at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to sound like a noob but if i wanted to put a swaybar in this thing how would i do that?. How do you put one in a car that never had one?. I've never had a registered ke10 before only ke30's and 20's so this is new territory for me.

Fairly straightforward, the whiteline Kit has brackets that connect to the body and the control arm. You will need to drill holes to fit them but otherwise straightforward..

From an engineering aspect, the control arm bracket is rubbish. It'll hinge a lot through the bolted joint, and it's inherently not very stiff, so it wont be as effective as it first appears.

Also, they are notorious for clashing with brake calipers when you run later model discs (ke20 items)

I haven't fitted mine but I'm considering modifying it to use the blade style connection with rod ends for adjustability.

Edited by philbey

I'm still wondering if you can run a ke20 balljoint in the ke10 A-arm, Doesn't look far off, then you could modify knuckles for more lock and fit ke20 struts with the disk's etc.

No but yes Jono. I have 20 struts in mine with 20 balljoints and 10/11 arms. Not good if your trying to get neg camber. The 20 balljoint needs to be tack welded into the 10 arm.

I'm doing a new setup for mine so keep an eye on my rides thread. Oh and I might have to tooling soon to mod 10 steering arms for 20 balljoint shafts soon too. Keep y'all posted.

Stu.

• 4 months later...