Boss Kits

lildavo

Hey guys, I just fitted a fixed back seat into my car and now I find the wheel is all up in my face, not just that but I can't reach the indicator stalk with a standard boss kit.

Wondering if anyone knows where I can find the shortest possible boss kit to fit a ke70 or if anyone else has had this problem and how they dealt with it?

I was thinking if I can't find one short enough, might just cut a section out of my current boss kit and weld it back together... anyone done this before?

Members dont see this ad

110mm isnt a standard boss kit. thats an extra long one.

a standard boss kit puts the wheel in the same place as it was before, in relation to the indicator stalk.

sounds like this is what you have:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/ke70dave/pooke705.jpg

super extra long, thats what i used to have, it was awesome! but if you think its too long, you just need a normal short one.

The AE86s require a long boss kit (110mm-ish I think) to clear the stalk. For mine though I just used a 50mm boss and a 50mm quickrelease hub for the wheel. From what I've seen, around 50mm seems to be about standard for boss kits, have you taken yours off and measured it?

Had this one in my old ae82 - 95mm

post-1432-0-30976600-1313152866_thumb.jpg

Also was using it in the ke30 at one stage but it was a touch too long. Not sure on the length of the one i'm using now, not going to go measure it as its late and cold outside but i can say is that it came from the t-18 i once had years ago.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a good quality one.

The cheap Chinese ones have crap threads-

Its not very nice when the steering wheel comes off when your going around a corner- I'm talking from experience here :glare:

Edited by nz_83_dx
  • Upvote 1