7K Engine

K&S

Well, the stories are cute, but I haven't seen any figures on bhp/L. I'll look it up.

A bigger motor does produce more power, but they tend to be less and less efficient.

It's this sort of curve-

7K, 1.78L, 80bhp, 45bhp/L. Wiki

5K-U, 1.49L, 70bhp 47bhp/L Townace, englishauto.vl

4K, 1.29L, 65bhp, 50bhp/L Wiki

3k, 1.17L, 60bhp, 51bhp/L Wiki

Now care top add the torque per litre figures?

Reckon you could reverse that list.

Just because it would be good for hauling loads doesn't mean its no good for anything else!

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

7k aparrently arrive at wreckers and leave soon after . They still seem to sell like hot cakes even know they are expensive to buy .. What state are you in ? I just picked one up luckily :) could keep eye out for you if interested in freight if live outside Qld

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justwrecking.com.au%2F&ei=Qd1RTo2-GYvXiAKmofWJAQ&usg=AFQjCNEb1NaHy21dt7rPsiBi-0GTKwmutg&sig2=SY3CK_VvS0SiG0MyDMF72Q

I was here on Saturday asking about 7K's - they apparently get them resonably often (had 2 or 3 there at the time I think). He said roughly half are carby and half are injected and that he also has a few manifolds and other injection parts for K motors, didn't ask on prices. Worth a call IMO.

They're a pretty good bunch of guys and if they know you're serious they'll keep an eye out for stuff for you.

Cheers,

• 8 years later...
On 8/12/2011 at 3:23 PM, K&S said:

So I'm thinking of a 7k into my ke70,

I wanna know any shit fights with this conversion, all I know of so far is I have to use the 4k sump, is there anything else?

Does anyone know anyone who has done this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just asked here first before the ball gets rolling

Any help appreciated :)

I mean it's a pretty decent engine with decent low end torque but the impressive thing is they're reliable Af. I abused mine for like 10 years still runs no oil leaks no heating issues just a good old workhorse but they don't like to rev past 5k cuz there's a massive drop in power after 5k so you gotta keep it below that.... And the swap was pretty easy mine had 2.0 liter diesel (2C) took that out except the tranny and swapped in a fresh 7ke.

Edited by Beekay