4Afc To 4Age

gilly40k

hey i am new here i own a toyota corolla ae92 with a 4afc motor 70kws. i want to put a 4age 100kw in it but i am unsure if the block is the same and can i use the gear box and mounts i have? as it is a rebult one if any one can help me it would be great or any ideas? how i can get this to work. please help me

Edited by gilly40k

Members dont see this ad

Have a search on this forum there, you could get a engine loom etc to fit easy.

many have done this conversion, just swap the whole motor why have a weaker bottom end when you can just use the 4age one

or for a bit of uniqueness why not plumb up a turbo system and run it through a 32/36 weber :)

run in on 6-7 psi every day

and you could build it on the cheap

Edited by ae95- wagon kid

with the 4a series of engine (4ac, 4afe, 4age,4agze 16V 20V....) the block mountings and dimensions are physically the same.

if you pull anything 4a out, something 4a will go back in...

with your problem, best to buy a smashed ae92 SX with everythign in it, and compeltely swap it over.

the gearbox will bolt up, but its a bit of a waste of time etc.

best of having it all ready to go.

have a serach on here and twincam.info about the gearboxes, i belive they are C series gearboxes in the FWD corollas, C52 etc. just need to find out the interchangability.

• 1 month later...

I've done a few of these conversions before and currently doing one right now the 4age will bolt straight up with the mounts you have from the 4afc, the (4age's C52 gearbox) is the same set up and you can use the CV's boots and shafts from your (C50 gearbox 4afc) the only problem with this conversion is the electrical side. Going from carbie to EFI you need the fuel tank from an SX or GTI and getting the fuel pump to trigger when you turn the ignition on. If you come across any problembs or need some advice msg me on 0424 765 052 I'll be glad to help you out. Ian

Edited by 930LLO

• 4 weeks later...

I must agree...your mechanic is an idiot.

You will need to change your fuel tank and the fuel line(a lot easier than it sounds)and a lot easier when empty.Any ae90-92-93 corolla that is EFI will have the tank and lines you need.

You will also need to change wiring harness.As now you need a computer/ecu to run the engine.Again,easy as piss.Needs to be a 4age harness from engine bay area.Not too hard to find on ebay.

I am not too sure on the radiator.No one else has mentioned it yet.I believe it to be different.

Another thing not mentioned yet...do you have power steer? not all 4age's came with a p/steer pump attached.

The exhuast may not bolt together but it can be cut and shut easy enough.

Hope that helps.Just ask for more info.

Only time the block is different is when you go from 4af in an AE95 to a 16v 4age, the 4a and 4age 16v block has an extra boss that hits the front diff, you either grind it down or use a 4af or 20v block.

+ 1, you mechanic is a dipshit.