4Afc To 4Age

gilly40k

Members dont see this ad

Well you picked a good one to start with. :wink: I can recommend LOTS of reading before starting any works. It may be a 'basic' swap but that doesn't mean that it's foolproof. Hell, I freaked out enough swapping a bigport for a bigport! :lol: I'm not on my PC at the moment otherwise I'd link you a few pages to get you started but the forums search feature/Google are pretty good at turning up answers to questions. :)

One of those workshop manuals (I recommend Haynes) can save your bacon too when things aren't working, so are one of the best $40 you'll spend on your car.

Edit: the idiot/dipshit comments were aimed at your 'mechanic', NOT you. :y: Not your fault for believing something you were told by someone who should know better. As per what Trev said, we don't even have a k-frame, let alone need a stronger one. :lol:

Edited by carbonboy

If your close to ipswich/brisbane I can help/advise the fitment of loom and fuel tank+lines.Can probably help you source them from local wreckers.Fitting them is probably the easiest part.

Also,while we are on the subject of fitting motors to ae92's...I have to ask every ones opinion-- how much extra work is there for me to fit a 4agze into ae92 hatch? I already have efi/ecu working and fitted.I have a spare 4agze+box from an aw11 sitting around and was wondering if it is worth the effort to put it in my ae92 or my other aw11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i love this forum,

p.s. i love it how people mechanic or not love telling poeple that have no clue technical shit to try and sound smarter. then gilly jumps on here and gets hammered by people that do it day in day out.

btw thanks everyone for the info i am about to do this swap. fuel tank info big help.