Best Front Brake Setup For Ke11

jonh ke11

Members dont see this ad

best?

best is a very broard word.

if you intend on getting the car on the road, go and see an engineer that will be signing off on your car, and ask them what their requirements are.

then once you know how big you need, you can start picking.

you would hate to get the whole car finished, only to find your brake setup doesnt meet the engineers requirements!

Brembo F40's would be the best

385mm of stopping power would be the best 'looking'

But then how are you going to fit 13" wheels??lol.

I run KE-70 disks on the front of mine with KE-30 wheel cyl in the rear drums to get the brake pressure right and a KE-10s disk brake master cylinder(no booster). Stops overrated repeatedly. This would not pass engineers as it is only a single circuit master cyl. homerke17 has similar setup to mine in his sprinter except a dual circuit master and the fronts are boosted with a remote mount booster. It is plenty of stop for a standard 4agze to pass engineers. And make him happy too. This is the biggest setup you'll get on a early corolla strut.

The hoppers stoppers kit will not fit on a early rolla strut(KE-1X) I've tried. Need like a corona or celica strut for em. But things may have changed.

But they are an awesome package and if your going to change struts well worth the money if not more. Engineers love the hoppers kits.

My suggestion is to have a look at some rides threads of some KE-1X's with engine conversions and see what they use.

Stu.

Ive got a ke11 4agte in the build with ke55 brakes and girlock calipers and a mazda twin circuit master cylinder and my engineer is more than happy so far

Yep. Don't forget these KE-1X's only weigh 720kg factory.

Not much weight to pull up. Do you have a diff conversion? As you'll need the bigger rear wheel cyl to offset the pressure lost through the bigger front caliper. Even then maybe a bias valve might also be needed.

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone hopper stoppers kit on original struts with later model corolla inserts. Used otomot coilover kit with adjustable tops. Minimum 15 inch wheel. I've bought a Tilton pedal setup and using vh40 remote booster front and back Coz I'm going hilux diff with ma70 supra disk conversion. Expensive but I don't wanna build it twice. Heaps of options out there mate just takes the research time. Good luck. PM if u want photos.