The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

But also its booked in for 3.583 final drive to be installed on Wednesday and then on Thursday it gets tinted. It really wants the final drive, not only because the thing finds the limiter too quickly in the lower gears and drinks too much fuel on the highway, but also because it will have the secondary benefit of correcting the speedo in the dash which currently reads high about 10 percent. The final drive change will drop it 8.6 percent so it should be as accurate as any. I want a dyno tune from a tuner I prefer as well.

I'm expecting things to be a bit harder time wise since my wife will be having a baby in June, but in the long term, I will be hoping to build a 1az 2az hybrid that is essentially a de-stroked 2azfe with a much higher rpm band. I need a 1az to play with and see whats what.

Members dont see this ad

Starting a Rollaclub dynasty we are.

Got it back from tinting looking ganster as ʞ©$ɟ.

Need to go outside and bolt in the windows to the doors, I didnt have time to put the good windows in as the diff shop kept the car overnight.

KE70dave will be glad to know the shifter de-tent springs back properly now both ways, Diff Lapping sorted that, as I had paid them $300 to strip, examine and clean the box and reassemble with a brass shifter kit, and they never said anything about the de-tent being an issue, so they were nice enough to free it up for me.

The diff ratio change has been done, so the speedo is correct now, and the car drives in a more sensible rev range. I did some fuel trimming after logging on the highway on the way back from James Toyota playground last weekend, that gave me the data to do it.

The diff has a little mechanical noise as new gears sometimes seem to, but its not whiney or anything, it just sounds tight and new. I was a bit worried when he said it had some noise, but its nothing really, and will most likely disappear after run in.

Run in orders are to drive gently for the first few heat cycles, and to let it cool in between drives, essentially to heat treat the gears and to allow them to smoothly lap together. The after 1000ks its got to have fresh oil and then its bombs away. I've got the rev limit at 3000 rpm till I heat cycle it 4 or 5 times.

The other thing I did was after getting the fuelling at highway speeds much closer to the mark, I switched it over to Closed loop fuel control below 3500 rpm and 20 percent tps, it dropped the afr from 13.5 to 13.9 at idle and the car drove really nice. I'm keen to see how it goes on an economy test now that I have accurate odometer and closed loop control.

I can't believe how much the pace picked up on this. All of a sudden its pretty much done.

Amaing car, said it before and I'll keep saying it. Hope to see it in person sometime.

Might be time for an OG meet up sometime soon for the Brisbane chapter

• Upvote 1

I'm down for a meet up theres no where this thing wont be going.

I had a great ae86 day today. Played golf, got some tidy scores and a rare birdie. Car went well all the way over.

Then I went for a long drive this afternoon in aide of putting 1000klms on the diff. I just started north with no real plan, ended up near Woodford and then spun it round and came home.

Last week before going to closed loop and the 3.58 rear end, the best economy I could figure was around 7.5 klm per litre. The drive today averaged 12.1klm/litre. I did 175klm and I only consumed 14.5 litres. I'm ʞ©$ɟing stoked with that. 8.26 litres per 100klm.

20170319_183835_zpsqa40spyp.jpg

20170319_183827_zps2jdzgj2f.jpg

20170319_173828_zpsifdpu3cv.jpg

20170319_173806_zpsd2u2qf8b.jpg

20170319_173640_zpsii60kjhw.jpg

20170319_173508_zpsasom8gkb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Excellent fuel economy! and nice photos:)

Economy was a shock. I also worked out my speedo reads 4 percent low, so at 100 doing 104 or 105klm/hr. So add 4 percent to the figure takes you over 12.5klm/litre. That's about an even 8 litres per 100klm. So now my wife's 2 litre lancer is a bit more economical at 6.5 highway and 7.5 to 8 around town, but still, I'm stoked with that. The torque really comes along nicely around 2200 so if you could find the gearing, or have it made, you could put a 3.0 rear end in this car and turn it into a prius as far as mileage goes.