The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

2650 I think, it was good deal for the parts, I sold about 6 grand worth of bits off it.  I ended up selling 2 motors, the complete 2 way diff, the wheels, the front suspension that was trd when I pulled it apart, the seat, the fuel cell and just about everything else you see minus the body and 2 litre surge tank which I now use as a catch can.

Takumi tax was still a factor, but so was the fact that most people wont buy a car sight unseen, and most people wont drive to Boonah to look at one on ebay.  The AE86 and the Celica were both sight unseen purchases, and both lived up to the hype luckily.  Plus people set reserve higher than that on a bare shell these days, but old mate was a good old fashioned ebayer and just threw it up and off it went.

So after a pretty slack work day I decided to make the trumpets fit.  Sam Q had sent me some unfinished base plates ages ago to modify into spacers but I had forgotten about them.  I now have them fitted, it was a matter of filing the holes slotted, and then interference fitting the 150mm trumpets, which just took some rubbing down of the inside openings.  An hour and a half well spent,and I'm about to go and drive and see if it helps torque, which I assume it will, but, science, right.  Plenty of room for them, if I hook up the brakes to the clutch remote bottle I can probably run 175mm or 180mm.  Filters are squishing up against the air holes in the bonnet there too.

20170428_175322_zpseznx7kr2.jpg

20170428_175527_zpszyfztylx.jpg

20170428_175649_zpsga6ufl7v.jpg

Been road tuning low tps with the big trumpets.  Its way better.  Smoother, even torque.  Its really enjoyable, still been retarding some cells and finding a lot of smoothness and torque going hand in hand, and a few cells went so lean they were a bit jittery under load, so I enriched up those areas and revealed yet more torque.  I'm really excited to see what it might do on the dyno now.

20170428_175306_zpswrsjdekh.jpg

Replaced the efi hose on my idle manifold with more suitable vacuum hoses.  Was able to remount it and relocate it to below the brake booster, and cleaned the idle control air intake filter and also re-routed the brake booster hose slightly so its less involved with clearing the trumpets and filters.  I bent the booster nipple forwards to connect it to the vacuum source, by putting some old heater actuator cable inside it so it didn't pinch, then I bent it down with a spanner to brace the base and a socket as a lever.

The idle manifold used to rest on the coolant diversion pipe by the engine mount and absorb needless heat. Now its mounted more in the fresh air away from the block.

20170503_213320_zpsrssek1hq.jpg

20170503_213308_zpskubx5ujr.jpg

20170503_213330_zps42fx0hmg.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
grammar fail