The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Yes photobucket has spent ten years gaining peoples trust only to undermine it in a night.  Fuck photobucket, you do something as hostile as wipe all my posted images, that's a declaration of war, you will not see one dollar, and I wont be dictated to by one of the poorest made sites that's about 6 years over due for an update.  None of the features work, I cant even back up the album, why would I bother paying?  The mobile app is terrible and crashes every use multiple times.  Make a product worth having and see what happens morons.

So anyhow onwards and upwards.

I get between 14 and 15 inches of vacuum at idle.  Lifting throttle after slight increase yields a bump to 18.  A moderate throttle bump and lift yields up to 27 inches and that's way more than enough.

I went over the whole system.  Found a couple of small issues that give me hope of getting back the performance it used to have brake wise.  The proper vac hoses I had installed had simply died.  Low quality SCA junk that was expanding just after the pcv and shrinking shut when hot under vacuum lower down.  Thats all replaced and now running efi hose instead that you cant really flatten out.  I figure the lines may have deformed enough to limit the vacuum in the shared line to the pcv.  I also reverted the brake booster connection back to the one port connection on port 4.  Its one way valve seems to operate perfectly.  I just need to test drive it now and see if its how it was before.  I still might end up fitting a vac reserve tank as insurance for those white knuckled moments even if its better again.

I test drove just up to the hardware and back for a work errand.  Brakes seemed epic and win.  Must have been the shit hoses that didn't stand up to the task.  I even held throttle on in neutral and then stabbed the pedal about 6 times and it had boost each time, so seems like its win again. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ke70dave said:

Was there a way to download all images before shutting acount? 

not that any of my images were of much use to anyone, but be nice to grab them all in one go.

You can download whole albums but I've found it to be really hit-and-miss, I've got albums with ~50 photos in them that PB reckons "doesn't contain any images" and then just freezes the download window or makes it unresponsive (and does the same for any other album I try and download until I close and re-load the site)

I've got basically all of mine backed up anyway but my PB account had it sorted the way I wanted to keep them, so wanted to try D/Ling them first

I tried 3 nights in a row to download entire album.  I dare say its been disabled as further leverage to leave people with only one option, to pay 400 a year.  I'm doing without.  I might be able to find close to everything if I catalogue and organise all the old phone backups and photos on my desktop computer.  I seem to be missing about a years worth of images but they might just be in a stupid directory some place.  problem is I used to make posts that were just a very explanatory image, and now I have to decode which image was where forensically from what was said before and after.  Only saving grace is how I explain my thoughts on most things.

Yah i've noticed just in the last week or so looking through old bmw forums lookin for info all the photos are dead, bloody useless now. makes me ask questions on facebook groups, shock horror gasp.

I supposed the devils advocate is that it was a free service so its life was probably limited anyway.