The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Thanks, I could sell the motor for 2450 and scrap the car for a few more bucks if I wanted to make money and not end up with a motor.  Im also trying to buy a heavily crashed 135I turbo 3litre direct injection car, as that motor is worth some good coin too.  If I get that it might pay for the rest of the shit I need.

Members dont see this ad

Also forgot to mention, I have ordered new 48mm itbs from rhd engineering.  The whole kit is under a grand with tune able trumpets up to 118mm.

I've already commissioned the adaptor plate.  16mm thick alloy.  With cnc tapered ports and an o ring groove on the back to eliminate the gaskets.They have provision for upstream injectors that shoot at the butterfly also, so in my search for maximum top end I can play with that if my ecu can be set up for it, I may need wasted spark instead of sequential to make it happen, but I think I can do it.  Otherwise I will just bung the injectors off and run it with stock injection for now.

In the longer term I may make another manifold for them, and build a second 2azfe setup for the ra65, or I may not.  Time will tell.  I'm also interested in a v6 for the Celica, but I dont know really.  I kinda like that its auto and original right now.

Loving this Camry.  Its got a full one owner genuine Toyota service history, by time not by ks, its got all the dockets stamped up to 127500 service despite only having the 78ks.  No more than about 9 months between drinks and it came from Gracemere up by Rockhampton, so its a country car too.  They must have been pretty particular owners as they had the time recorded when they picked it up, as well as the date and mileage when purchased new.  Full on.  All written in the cursive script of a hexagenarian.  Oil looks nice.  Quite a few signs of adequate maintenance too.

• Like 1

Do I have to use a matched set of condenser and evaporator?  I was wondering if I could use any condenser or even the Camry one if that fits and then use the ae86 evaporator with it.

Going to go out and pressure wash the Camry engine bay this morning.  Bit much mouse poo in there for my liking.  All the stains that look like rust on the exhaust heat shield are mouse related.

Sold the parts ae71 complete yesterday to a man called Shannon.  Seemed like a really nice guy.  Best of luck this summer with your project!  Was a bit of a funny hour trying to get the steering lock off.  Keys the car came with were incorrect, and I ended up trying all my old keys until I found one that worked the ignition, then we were able to get it steering.  For the love of Corollas eh.

Now that the yard is freer I have space to strip a Camry.  I've advertised the Auto Camry gearbox and that it can be tested in the car, so hopefully that sells soon, and between that and the Scrap rolla I'll more than pay for the Camry donor car.  I guess I could sell the 2azfe from the Camry and end up making a couple of grand profit.  Then I can use said profit to buy performance parts for the build.  Decisions decisions.  I think if someone offers me a healthy sum for the 78k 2azfe Id sell it but otherwise Ill just stick to the original plan.

Ill probably look at oversized Supertech valves and I'm liking the look of the Kelford 239-B grind, increases the duration at 0.050 by more than the BC cams stage 2, albeit with slightly less lift,  but still gives a reasonable lift increase.  I dont want a cam package that kills the bottom end or that increases the max rpm required beyond 6500.

No point doing so with the cams in the engine.

I took a long drive today.  Found the limit of the brakes.  Got that nice burning smell on the way down the mountain and experienced fade to a reasonable extent.  Came back after a couple of minutes.  I really need to finish my brake upgrade too.  Hopefully the machinist I found that is making the itb adaptor will be keen to do some brackets.  I think Im going to use Wilwood Calipers and some 25mm thick rotors.

Stock ra40 brakes perfectly fresh and only a few weeks old.  They worked really well until the killer switchback on the quick way down to Samford valley.  Had a bit of a moment with them, but I've built a margin for the old fashioned brakes into my style with this car as I always felt it would heat them fast.  I probably instinctively took it up to the limit a few times because they went off pretty fast once I had a couple of late brakes.  It was a little bit of an aggro drive though, and the cars much gruntier since the last tune down low out of the bends.  Probably go for these exact calipers:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wilwood-Dynapro-Lug-Mount-Brake-Caliper-Fits-1-Rotor-3-00-Piston-Area-/132214593765?epid=1422282623&hash=item1ec89a98e5:g:T4gAAOSwNSxU1RCs

They suit a 25mm rotor and pretty much whatever diameter I choose.  Looking at 288mm. Its about the biggest my wheels should clear.