The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Like Justin said, you can use a camry condenser, i would't use the AE86 compressor, just cause the age and it was really designed for R12 gas.

If you could get a hold of the 2A compressor that would be so much better, designed to handle the head pressures of R134a.

You'll need an extra fan, (not some cheap shit craig davies crap thing either), a genuine Toyota 5 blade A/C fan is the go, You need to have really good airflow over the condenser.

Have a look at Toyota with a/c and most run 2 fan continuously with the a/c on.

You have my number bro, call anytime.

• Like 1

Members dont see this ad

Got my tps in the mail.  I had to buy a bmw tps to suit the new itbs.  Also picked up some fasteners for the itbs.  All stainless steel m6 allen head bolts.

Might find and fit a different idle controller soon.  The one Im using bugs out sometimes.  I cant work out why.

Chatting to Kelford about a b uilt head, they want 5-6 thousand New Zealand dollars, and they want to basically not take any instruction from me about my goals and go all out to their tastes.  That being said, Im sure they know what they are doing, but 6k for a built heads, from someone who hasn't done anything with a 2azfe before, you wont get me to pay for your r and D.  That's your job. I said what if I just wanted the 239B installed and the ports tidied?  He said, 5-6k.  lol.  Makes me wonder if they have even made a 239b grind before at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking into my options with the Adaptronic e420d ecu to run 8 injectors.

Basically, the VE system can do it fine, I just need to physically fit the injectors to the car, plumb them, then wire them in 2 banks of alternate phases, 1-3 and 2-4 change a trigger setting, install dead time and flow data and then they should just work with my tune, with the only difference being the location of the upstream injection fuel delivery.

The one tricky thing, is that there is no way to control when they turn on, because its controlled by the ve needs of the motor.  Therefore, if the stock injector copes with the fuel volume demands of the engine, it will never use the upstream injectors.  The way to bring them in is to mechanically swap out the 330cc injectors from the 2azfe for some 200cc injectors from a 1zzfe corolla or prius.  Then when those injectors max out, the upstream comes in.  Ideally above 4000 rpm, when the airspeed is faster and the time from moment of injection to ignition is being drastically reduced.

Hoping it also gives a charge cooling effect and takes some heat out of the inlet with all the atomisation that can happen on the journey from butterfly to chamber.  Hopefully it might take a bit more timing if I'm correct.  Currently its happy with 25 degrees at full throttle and rpm.

Should take close to 32deg with std comp, id have thought.

Best way to cool inlet charge is E85! Shave a fair bit off the head throw those slugs in shoot for 12.5-13:1 you'll thank me later..

The torque would be insane with std cams too.

Edited by kickn5k

Well all I can tell you guys is that this engine with its 96mm stroke is not happy with timing above 25 degrees.  I had 32 degrees in it when I first got it running, it was knocking like a bitch.  Motor was strong enough to handle it.  I was bummed the first dyno tuner I used didn't adjust it at all, he just took a lot of money off me and did nothing, Gary Coombes I owe you some missing teeth.

My mods will be aimed at increasing resistance to pinging, as I want to use 11:1 cr.  Ill polish the chambers, which will help, Ill clean up the inlet and exhaust ports, and ill look at using the upstream injection, and in the longer run, once the inlet is finished I will make myself an airbox with cold air feed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...