The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Have now purchased a red sa63 hatch as a parts car, but I kinda want to strip it out for auto cross its got a 3sfe engine 90kw and 195NM.  Big step up from a 2sc.  Might end up putting the engine and box in the ra65 if I decide it needs to be sportier, but its hard to commit to as the ra65 is perfectly unmolested.  Won it on ebay through a second chance offer and got it home yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Ok we have the spot lights working.  I fitted a switch to the dash, and they come on and off with a switch when high beams on.  Pretty stoked with the father son effort on the light mount.  Its completely concealed under the bar and gives a good solid support to bolt the lights through.20171223_175257.thumb.jpg.d8fc62ffb90d4ef7d5895ba58801bee8.jpg20171223_174413.thumb.jpg.17d976e0e60dc8563f3d6f362300b199.jpg20171223_174407.thumb.jpg.f82cde71acb736e11abc0cfe7e1836b8.jpg20171220_071821.thumb.jpg.4540e532b5b1a712b5bec53c68fdc424.jpg20171220_072039.thumb.jpg.507edd24ade1a90bcf3192a882182216.jpg20171225_100249.thumb.jpg.df9f93f214114414571f1d075576a3ce.jpg20171223_174439.thumb.jpg.488e77ba41693e451d29ccf51cd55387.jpg20171224_200648.thumb.jpg.d6fd51117861ac317092f5a27072281b.jpg20171224_200558.thumb.jpg.e0546bab17eb0e4b00e28d487cfb97e4.jpg20171224_200544.thumb.jpg.a51038049bbbd5c0bbe2c57300663fe2.jpg20171223_174420.thumb.jpg.c857914c43562f48ed211b3fb4c0fe16.jpg

Also threw in a photo of the idle controller.  Shiny.  Also some of the wiring involved in the headlight rewire.  Oh and the sa63.

• Upvote 1

On further inspection the driving lights were on both low and high beam and would not dip.  It was simplyu a matter of putting the pin 86 relay ground into the other side of the h4 plug as then it grounds through the dipper switch as it should.  Easy fix, but one me and Dad were debating half the night.  Ended up winning the $2 bet we made on it. Good fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this is off the road at the moment still.

Waiting for the machinist to make the throttle adaptors for me.  Then we will have improved breathing and hopefully more top end.

I'm on the hunt for 8x identical oem Denso 1nzfe injectors from a Yaris for the upstream injection.

Also looking for a fuel rail setup to make it twin rail on 97mm spaced injectors, I think sr20 is real close, but I'm not sure if close enough, I would love it if it was cause you can get a good rail for 45 au from china.

Have a quick shifter to put in now also.

Considering what I can put the silvertop itbs on which are now spare...

China ebay seller messaged back with dimensions, seems like its 97mmor thereabouts between injectors on the sr20 so I can use the 45 dollar rail.  Now I just need to find 8 injectors from 1nzfe part number 23209 21040.

Then hopefully I can play with it this weekend and get it running with the 48mm itbs.

Went and saw it yesterday.  CNC is the best.  The ports look amazing, I have a 30mm thick adaptor that gives room and adaptability for days.  My trumpets are made up of a spacer that's 80mm long, and a trumpet thats 50mm long, so I can experiment with the position of the butterflies and see how it goes in either position because the itb bolts to either the adaptor or the spacers depending on how you decide to set it up.  The 80mm spacer might be the business for top end with the extra time for fuel to mix, might be able to get a fair amount more air in and fuel to match, so that should equal some power in theory.

I have designed the plate so that the ports transition from 48mm to 45mm then I can port match the manifold top to transition smoothly from the 43mm it currently is to the 45mm that matches the adaptors cnc port.  Its also oringed on the base of the adaptor plate and the throttles have o rings either side, and the manifold to head union has the factory Toyota o ring seal, so everything in the inlet will be oringed.

Hopefully put pics up in the next day or two.

Compared to the old intake this has the butterfly farther away from the head, upstream injection, and its o-ring sealed either side of the throttle body and underneath the adapter plate also.

You can see the step down inside the ports where the cnc adaptor meets the inlet manifold, I need to do some port matching there.

Whats a good medium for transferring the port shape across to the manifold face?  I have seen people use a thick blue fluid but I dont know what the product is.

3 hours ago, LittleRedSpirit said:

Whats a good medium for transferring the port shape across to the manifold face?  I have seen people use a thick blue fluid but I don't know what the product is.

It most likely be "bearing blue", I doubt that you'll get it at bunnings will most likely need to go to a proper tool shop.

It is mainly used for hand scraped bearings. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that Stuart, Ill find some asap.

I might swing past a wrecker today and try to find some injectors for the second rail.

I was talking with the guy who makes the itbs, Rama, Yesterday, and he was saying they tested an LS1 by moving the itb up to the top of the linlet on 80mm spacers and got 4 percent power increase from the movement alone and that it ran on just the upstream injectors fine for idle and general low rpm work.

I like the sound of that and I will probably end up installing mine up stream as far as possible and try to take as much advantage from the injector location as possible.

I just ordered the Orings I need for the adapter plate, and some clamp style trumpet bases from Rama so i can trim some of my spun trumpets and install them and not buy new ones to get a bigger bellmouth effect.

Also the machinist made me 4 x injector Bungs on a 24 hours turn around so I could try and put it together this weekend and see how it all fits.

Will get some asap, thanks.

I just ordered 8 identical new Denso Yaris Injectors.  Pretty cheap at 66 US a set plus shipping, under 200 AU for 8 new injectors shipped.  You couldn't have old ones cleaned for that much these days and afford to buy the injector as well.

So I will have to work out the wiring as well, when I get the injector Ill order some plugs too.  Then I have to rewire the injectors for semi sequential injection, and I should be able to have the VE tune natively move to upstream as the Yaris injector I will p[lace in the head maxxes out at mid revs.  Should have more headroom in the tune, as the total delivery capability from both injectors is 400cc/min, and the stock injectors in the head are 330cc/min.  It may well demand more fuel if the injector is upstream, as the upstream injection will not only have the effect of fuelling the engine, but also absorbing the heat of the inlet walls as well.  It should run cooler with that much fuel evaporating in the length of the manifold.

Im hoping for a 10 to 15KW gain from all this re engineering, probably an expensive way to get 10-15kw, but I dont rate boost for daily driven cars and I love the NA feel of an AE86.  You never know, if the motor can make use of most of the 17 percent extra air that should be available, and I can get a similar gain to the ls1 of 4 percent from moving to upstream injection, then I might get close to 130KW at the wheels, which would make me very happy.  Cant wait to see.

I guess if I can raise the compression also, I could look at some further gains.  On that not I just purchased a 2azfe OEM gasket set from the UAE, for around $280.  I went to Toyota at Kedron the other week and asked for a main seal and a couple of other incidental gaskets and it came to over $200 so I just said to the guy, keep it as at that price you want to shelve it more than I want to pay for it and put it in a car, and left and ordered it online.  I've ponied up so much dough for genuine stuff, including nearly a grand for a crown wheel and pinion last year so they have their pound of flesh.  Pretty crazy I could buy a small handful of seals and spend over $200AU in Australian Dealerships, but I can order the complete engine gasket kit for just under $300AU from the middle east.  Have a good hard look at yourself Toyota.  You have lost touch with those who really believe in you.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit