The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

11:1, fettle with the head.

I was driving this car when I was flagged down and robbed on Sunday afternoon.  Bloke runs out kinda friendly near my home up the other end of my street from a bike path, at first looks like a jogger.  Thin white guy light brown hair bout 6 feet tall.  As I slow up I get a vibe, so as I pull up cause hes on the road in front of me I cover the keys, and accidentally bump the thing off as it stops.   Second guy looks like a mexican gangster appears.  First guy jumps straight to the open drivers window.  Says hello like a Bogan would, I smell alcohol, then he just kinda tries to shake my hand and snatches the wallet off the seat next to me.  It has 230 bucks in it that I need.  I start on him like give me that cash back NOW.  He snatches the cash out and goes around the car talking shit like what you gonna do about it cunt.  I dont want him to get away so I just jump out, which is met with do something cunt, so I rip out the Samsung7, double tap and snap and this pisses them right off.  Demands for my phone are now met with my demands for cash, all kinds of threats to kill me.  Mexican gangster tries to come around behind me while the other guys shaping up to me, I move so that the two guys are always in front of me.  I shoved the first guy back a bit, that was abgout as violent as it got from me, but now the first guy wants the phone badly.  We kinda get away from the car at this point, which is sitting with the keys in it, so I jump back in and the pair of cunts came back to get me cornered in the car and take the phone off me.  Im talking all kinds of shit to the first guy, but not bad stuff, just messing with his head, appealing to his conscience and shit, and then I say, if you just give me the cash back your 100 percent.  He impulsively pulls out the cash and throws 150 bucks back into the car.  I start the car, and Im like give me the rest of it and your good, and the other guy reaches in and chokes me while Im sitting in the car, obviously bummed that old mate is giving cash back as the second guy I think knows hes not in a photo cuse of where he was standing.  Anyhow, he screams some mad dog shit like I should kill you your a meth dealer my girl died of meth.  Then he stops trying to choke me after about 15 or 20 seconds of this mad dogging and the other guy gives me another 20 bucks back, so hes got 60 left, and Ive got 170 back in the car with me now, and I still havent given up the photo.  So Im like fuck it Im doing alright now, and I make an attempt to snatch the last 60 bucks cash from the cunts hand but narrowly miss, and this pisses him off so I throw it in gear and smash the throttle, but he jumps in the window legs dragging hollywood style, so hes like arms locked for survival, and Im swerving all over, tyres lit, trying to find something to wipe him out on, and Im shoving his face with my spare hand, and he need 2 to live, and Im yelling fucking jump out cunt, and hes like I cant slow down and Im like fuck you let got, and hes likeI cant, so I slow to where he might be ok if he lets go, but he looks more like hes gonna try and free up a hand and do something, so I smash throttle again and by now were 100 metres up the road, around the corner in front of the traisn station, so I blazed along the road, and slowed a little to give him a slight opportunity to bail and off he goes, tucked and rolled.  I never looked back, Im like not a scratch or dent on me or the car, only lost 60 bucks and didnt have to fist fight two drunk meth heads so lifes good.  Was within site of home, so I went a few blocks away, pulled up, 000, cops came grabbed the second one up that choked thretened and robbed me, luckily the one I didnt have a photo of.  Shared photo with cops, they know the guy already so now hes on a warrant to be picked up soon. Two positive IDs of suspects made including photo line ups, car has been printed, Is covered in dust, I now own a CSI suit.  Lost 60 bucks, me and the car are fine.  Im getting a gun.  Thats the next mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, oh what a nissan feeling! said:

That's a crazy story, man glad all is ok! 

Yeah man its been pretty hard to fathom, and Im pretty resilient.

Have now noticed a dent in the drivers door from the guys knee, and I dunno what we ran over but the cars steering feels wierd.  It will be assessed soon and Ill have a plan of action for getting it fixed.  Shannons has been really good about getting it looked at.  Because the assailants are both known Identities and have been charged by Police, there is no excess to pay.

Ive made my statements to Police, who, due to the nature and severity of the crime, have fast tracked the court process.  Its nice to see some real action towards justice this time.  When I was king hit and had my nose broken I got no help from Police at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got approval now for the repairs to the door, and window regulator, that were damaged in the attack.  I also ran over something so they will check out under the car and see also.

I just had the rear section of the exhaust remade with a 2.5 inch Magnaflow hi flow catalytic converter, resonator just before the diff, and the same muffler and tip.  Main reason being because there was some tension in the pipe because of how the engine has been repositioned over time, especially cause the gearbox crossmember mounts the gearbox as high as possible, and also now that the car is lower than ever, I was having issues with the exhaust hitting the diff and panhard rod.  That now has a reshaped area, still made with mandrel bends, that gives the clearance needed.

Havent noticed a difference with the cat as far as power goes, but the car seems a bit smoother where it used to have reversion.  Will have to see how the afrs go and make some changes as needed.  I did a fair bit of research before fitting a cat, and just decided it was worth it after all the defect bullshit Ive had this year.

They can buy a new window reg but its 3 weeks plus ex Japan so Im just waiting for that to come in.

Drove to Goldy with a mate in this and played Royal Pines Gold Course twice.  Bloody top weekend.  Car went good.  Put it onto closed loop, and it went nice and smooth.  Only issue was its so low I'm about 20mm off the bump stops.  Add in the spare, basic tools, two golf bags, luggage and two dudes, and you find you dont really have suspension.  That said, I found it really cruisy and comfy on the highway.

IMG_20190519_144056_242.jpg

IMG_20190519_003647_375.jpg

IMG_20190519_003647_391.jpg

IMG_20190519_003647_379.jpg

20190518_093632.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been tracing a coolant leak that started occurring.  I removed the heater circuit after seeing coolant run from under that, but it turned out to be the bung in the old heater hole behind the head not being tightened up fully.  I must have left it cracked to bleed out air and forgot to tighten it up.  I looked over how the cooling system works, due to there being an internal bypass the heater circuit isn't needed, so Ill probably leave it out until such time as I decide to fit a heater core.  All it would do is cycle water over the dash temp gauge, which now doesn't see any warmer temps till the thermostat starts to move. I already just started using the ecu temp in the head instead of the one in the pipe so running the car is normal.  It quickly jumps to 65 then 80 degrees in 2 cycles on the speco gauge and dash gauge, and then were up to temp.  It demonstrates correct function of the thermostat so I'm loathed to change it now.

Ended up with some taller, softer springs in the rear, its just so much better.  I noticed that I had 2 bent upper rear 4 links so I swapped those out, and clearanced the mount that bent them.

Noticed a sweat of diff oil in one spot on the diff housing, no where near the centre, I'm thinking there's a pin hole there to fill up.

I decided the car was a little bit poor running electrically, and I got to thinking, I didn't know what plugs were in there.  I never did swap the iridium's from the other motor, so as an experiment, I bought a set of NGK R plugs for it from Bursons, for the princely sum of 17 dollars for all 4, and the car is a lot better, a lot more drive-ability, better afrs at low tps, its a lot sweeter running.  I guess that's the benefit of using such a high volume engine, they did a lot of r and D, so its hard to kill, and the OEM parts are cheap and plentiful.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I've got some parts on the way so I can make an even longer throttle cable.  KE70 cable is just a little short of the length I need, since my throttle cracker pulls towards the exhaust side of the bay.  I've got a Teflon lined Venhill kit coming with 2.35m of cable outer. 2.6m of inner 2mm braid, adjusters and Ill make a cable from that with the ends from the stock ae86 cable which is a borderline too short for anything length.  Its actually a clutch kit, but it comes with the cable that has a 6 diameter x 10mm cylinder cast onto the engine side end, a slight increase over my stock throttle cable with its thickness, 1.8mm to 2mm, and the little screw lock fitting to set the length under the dash.  I think Ill work out the length required and just make it on a bench to the same spec as the ke70 one, but with an extra 30 or 40cm length to smooth out the turns in my set-up.  The man issue is that is you dont let off the throttle kind of abruptly, it returns to not quite all the way closed, and you have to tickle the pedal to make it drop the rpm right off to idle.  Just a bit sick of doing that although it just makes you practice heel to in every situation as the heel toe release is abrupt enough to make it find the stop.  Hopefully this new set-up has some more gradual bends and less cable drag.