The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Man its great up here, been making a few friends, I love it.  The bank just approved our finance to build starting next month.  Weve bought 1.2 hectares, 12,000 sq Metres, thats about 32 Brisbane house blocks, and were just dropping a big 3.5 bed home right in the middle of it, with a 12 x 18 x 4.8 high shed to follow soon after.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

• 6 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Quick update.

House is half built.  Roof is on.

Cars been sweet as can be.  No real issues to report, just wear and tear from all the roadwork between here and Brisbane.  Copped some gravel and rocks from trucks coming in and out of the quarry north of Gympie.  Was lucky to not experience much more serious damage.  Front bar took the brunt, and ejected the paint.  Gave it a wash today.  Much overdue. 

• 3 months later...

Buying a sawzall tomorrow, in preparation to pull one of these for my recently acquired 74' Celica. Looks like there are plenty of these but all of the 2AR-FE's are quite a bit further away so I'm going to get a AZ and then a 2AR later.

Read a lot of the thread and will read more as well, very impressive a work of art!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Time for an update because I have some work planned.

Have collected everything I need to put Air conditioning in.  I purchased or saved over the years;

-a new oem Denso condenser

- a new Spal fan for the condenser

- working 2az AC pump from my 78000 k donor car and the pump ends of the AC lines.

- all the OEM AC parts from the car including all the standard soft and hard lines, mounts, wiring to connect it up under the dash.

- Spare AE86 heater switch block as mines a bit broken in the car.

- New AC faceplate decal

- New OEM heater core from Japan.

I decided that its not worth just doing AC,  I will fit a heater too.

Things I need to re engineer to make it work;

1. Relocate oil cooler and lines.  Make new brackets for it and possibly ducting.

2. Mount the AC pump and design the new belt and tensioner system to spin it.

3.  Decide what kind of heater tap to use, where to mount it, and the hose path for it.

I'm considering either an electric heater tap with a hidden micro switch in the AC switches to operate it, or a relocated cable setup.  I think electric tap will be simpler with what I have going on in the bay already.

Have treated her to a few missing parts as I've been able.  I put in a rear hatch trim board which I bought new.  I finally found a rear demister switch and bought it new also.  Have replaced the headlight knob that had no writing left on it with new.  I bought a top windscreen trim (again) as I will have to do a screen at some point maybe to re register as its got a big stone chip the size of a 10 cent piece on the passenger side.  The old top trim has never fitted right as the windscreen guy didn't mount all the clips as needed so it just flies off at 100kph.  Has happened twice now once on the Bruce Highway and was never seen again.

I also bought a new rubber grommet for the bonnet post so it doesn't rattle, and a fuel tank pickup gasket to change next time the tank comes out.

I have some folded and cut to size metal to make a new lower passenger seat rail to match the drivers and allow me to get rid of the modified ke70 rails it has.  I also have the bride type seat slider to adapt to it.  Basically building a copy of the drivers rail I have but reversed.

Front wiper motor is pretty sad so will be swapping that to a better one.

Also going to fit the rear wiper washer demister setup for the hatch as it rains a lot at the moment and Id rather have it in the car and I have all the switches finally.

Car isn't currently registered but will be re registered after all that's done.

Also lowered it and bought a better Jack so I can get under it at the lower height.

Ooooh nice update. 

You wont know your self with Air conditioning, it revolutionised the use of my e30, I can now go places and not turn up sweaty. and living up north it would almost be mandatory. 

Im sure you have it all sorted but if you need misc AC parts this guy was super helpful.  https://speedyairspares.com.au/ He's up your way too. He went over and above looking for E30 bits for me. 

• 2 weeks later...