The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Changed diff oil this morning, ready for the tune at 10:30am.

Pretty keen to see what happens.  I will get a run done with no changes first as a baseline and as a comparison to the old tune since I have changed essentially everything from tuning modes on up since that time, and I'm sure its better to drive.

What a cool way to spend a day.

The tune went well.  Final number was 112kw @6300.  A much higher peak than before and at a higher rpm.  It still made power all the way to 6500 with no taper off.  Compared to a stock engine and manifolds that makes 118kw at the flywheel, my setup makes the peak power almost 1000 rpm higher with no camshafts!  The joy of ITBs.

Torque is strong everywhere now.   I was really rich up top and it was over advanced significantly, but the motor seemed to take it, it seems to be a pretty tough thing, plus I did very little driving at high revs to really stress it thankfully.

We tuned with and without socks so I have a 6kw incentive to make the airbox.

Drove it home on open loop, it was very fast, especially high speed from on ramp to overtake, my god.  To put it into perspective it makes the original 4ac engines 54 flywheel kw, at the wheels, at only 2900rpm.

Hers a video of the dyno run that made 112kw.

And the sheet.

58d9e9c9352a3_RobNovak2azfedynotune..thumb.jpg.4343f5a1a7e639f5b0e04e7a21d5436a.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
Added info
  • Upvote 1

It was pretty well cleared.  Biggest hazard was washed over gravels.  There were a few sawn up trees on the side of the road as you go from the T between Nebo and Glorious, and Glorious itself.  The rest was pretty tidy.  Road held up good.  Someone must have screwed the pooch because I drove a few miles past Mt Glorious then spun it around and on the way back passed two ambulances and a fire truck going beyond where I was to attend something.  A policeman blurted his siren at me as he passed head on in a green HSV sedan but he didn't spin around and pull me up.  I didn't think I was speeding beyond any unreasonable margin at that time anyhow.

I made a few tuning improvements.  I got closed loop fuel and idle control working well, changed some targets and expanded the control range of closed loop fuel control, which worked well.  I reduced the zero throttle fuel down to very little and shut off the crackle off throttle.  tweaked overrun settings and drove home in a smoother car.

20170402_140725_zpsxoihrr6c.jpg