Cross Member Problems

13b_rolla

hey rolla club mates

just a quick question. I'm tryin to find out which cross member to use for a 4AGE conversion into a ke70 corolla. I'm going to be ringing the wreckers up on monday and need to kno what to ask for. they don't deal in old corollas so would i ask for whatever year model the 4age came out in??

would an ae92 cross member work fine??

cheers guys :)

Members dont see this ad

Hey,if your talking about doing a proper 4age conversion to a ke70 and your complaining about $300 for a crossmember,maybe you should have 2nd thoughts because its definitely going to cost you money and if you plan to drive this on the road then it just has to be done the right way and there are only so many right ways and they all cost!

Hey,if your talking about doing a proper 4age conversion to a ke70 and your complaining about $300 for a crossmember,maybe you should have 2nd thoughts because its definitely going to cost you money and if you plan to drive this on the road then it just has to be done the right way and there are only so many right ways and they all cost!

not costing me that much, already got a 16v thats been reverted to rwd and an ae86 plenum, loom dizzy. all that on an engine for 500.. just gotta love people who don't go ahead with there projects :)

I'm taking my time doin the conversion and I'm not complaining as such about the money side of it, i got 2 yrs before I'm even able to drive the car anyway cause you can't have a conversion or mod plated car on your p's in nsw :/

cheers for the reply anyway :)

why do youi think they charge that?

its an in demand part, and people are paying the prices.

you could always pay to have one modified and engineered....then the 300 seems very cheap...

lol I'm right thanks. I'm not complaing as such on the price of them, just it seems very high and i kno there an in demand item :)

cheers for the reply anyways mate :)

300$ for a GEARBOX cross member?

maybe you are refering to a engine cross member.

the gearbox cross member is just a flat bit of steel, with a hole in it, and the rubber bit attached to the top (you can buy that rubber bit brand new, it is considered perishable).

i got mine for $20 a few yrs, please don't pay 300 for one.

you could have one made for less than that.

here is a link showing a few photos.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/11029-te7x-manual-gearbox-crossmember/

please do not pay 300 for a peice of flat metal, it just drives the prices up:(

300$ for a GEARBOX cross member?

maybe you are refering to a engine cross member.

the gearbox cross member is just a flat bit of steel, with a hole in it, and the rubber bit attached to the top (you can buy that rubber bit brand new, it is considered perishable).

i got mine for $20 a few yrs, please don't pay 300 for one.

you could have one made for less than that.

here is a link showing a few photos.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/11029-te7x-manual-gearbox-crossmember/

please do not pay 300 for a peice of flat metal, it just drives the prices up:(

yea mate says engine crossmember. and i just been seeing a couple of people asking riduculous amounts for them. i wouldnt pay 300 for a gearbox c/m. :)

I wouldn't pay $300 for an engine crossmember. I got quoted $75 from the wreckers. People are making 4a conversions to expensive by putting a tax on the parts required.

nice. what wreckers mate? I'm on the mid north coast and there not rip offs as such, u pay for what u get and everything is top quality so its abit pricey haha.

cheers for the nfo but :)