Ke11 Beams

drift freak

Hi guys,

Thought it was about time I started a thread detailing my build project. I bought the car back at the start of the year off e-bay. I bought it without inspecting it so was pretty happy to find it in reasonable condition. So i got it home and started with my research as to what i could fit in the engine bay. I originally thought i'd go with a 4agte but after some research found the 4a road had been travelled many times over. So I've got a mate that had just bought a KE20 to make into a race car and he was talking about these 'mythical' Altezza beams engines...... HMMMMM my ears pricked up with the 210hp stock 6 speed manual. So off to the importers to pick up a front cut and make it happen :)

So anyways once it was home i started stripping it down and removing excess parts to sell off to recoup some money. This is where the fun began, I had taken some measurements while the motor was in the front cut but it wasn't unitl it was out that I realised this was a much bigger project than i first thought.

Don't worry there is more to come :)

post-10705-0-45375300-1315310958_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-32202700-1315311101_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-98481900-1315311105_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-50899000-1315311350_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Greenmac80 - yeah I've spoken with jordy a bit as he rang me out of the blue asking where I got my cut from.

Yes everything fits but its bloody tight and there is a fair bit of modifications to complete but if I keep the engineer in the know he seems to be fine with what I want. I already have to engine and box mounted just need to finish the tunnel and cross brace I the middle of the floor and the hard work is done :)

Yep extremely tall, only just fits in there. Might even have to mod the bonnet a little yet, will see how it goes. My main concern for now is the central floor brace inside the cabin. It has to modified dramatically but if I increase overall strength and rigidity it should be fine. Plus I'm looking to put a full cage in (removable front pieces by bond roll bars) it should be all good. Will be ringing the engineer today to have a bit more of a chat

df what flywheel are you going to use?? The most common change in the club is to swap the dual-mass for a TRD single flywheel of about half the weight.

The motor has an 'interesting' resonance between 3200-2800 on over-run, it buzzes through the car, so it will be good to see if it happens in another body.

Good to see you on here Luke! Yeah the SXE10 gearbox is abit of a squeeze. Luke has opted to chop the central floor brace inside the cabin whereas i'm going to modify the gearbox. As Luke already said the intial cost the building something like this is crazy. I've looked into quad throttle bodies, TRD flywheel and a few other goodies and I'm trying to hold off until I get the car engineered and running.

I thought I was the only person doing a Beams Ke10.. took the pressure off a lot for me, I decided to put the project off for a while and finish school well... whilst keeping an eye on Luke and trying to help each other out as much as we can but its already hard since his opted to keep the standard cross member and A arm control arms with the steeringbox instead of doing what I went for. I'm almost tempted to do the same thing just to get it engineered easier although it send a shiver up my spine of the thought of using the car with a steeringbox hahaha!

Good luck Luke, You have it under control now!