Ke11 Beams

drift freak

Thanks Jordy.

I can see where your coming from with the steering box but I had a friend who built a 1200 datto coupe with steering box and I found it quite reasonable to drive. In the long term I'll prob go down the ke70 rack and pinion track but to get it on the road I'm gunna stick with what I've got already got.

As for the costs..... Talk about blown out! I was originally thinking 10k would cover it but no even close more like 20k but as they say if ya want quality be prepared to spend the money.

Members dont see this ad

those camber tops look like the same ones we used in our 4agze/ke10 conversion, we found because the studs are so close together we could move the camber top about 2mm before it hit the back of the stud, so we had that one stud recessed into the aluminium plate

hats of to you, i know how much work goes into shit like this....

Yeah I'm yet to find out how it'll go once drivable as I bought the car as a rolling shell. I suppose I should check how much free play it has sooner rather than later. I might still have to go to a ke20 setup yet for engineering as they run a collapsible column from what I've read (can anyone confirm this?)

Luke - how much castor and camber did u finish up with in your ke10???

Yeah I'm yet to find out how it'll go once drivable as I bought the car as a rolling shell. I suppose I should check how much free play it has sooner rather than later. I might still have to go to a ke20 setup yet for engineering as they run a collapsible column from what I've read (can anyone confirm this?)

Luke - how much castor and camber did u finish up with in your ke10???

I've got a collapsible column in my 11(you WILL need one for engineers) Not sure of what KE it's out of. It has a blanked off ignition barrel on the cover. I'll take some pics of the column and steering box today and post em up on here for you. I didn't do the suspension and steering setup on my car as I purchased it unfinished, so I'm not 100% sure on how everything was done.

Stu.

Got a few photos of the steering setup just then. I'll put them up late tonight when i get home to the laptop. Now I'm really not sure what has been put in this car. Hope anyone that sees the photos can shed some light on it all.

Stu.

P.S. Thanks for getting me to have a look. It's shown me some minor surface rust on the seem of the chassis that I didn't know about. Not very much you'll see in the photo.

Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer about it and need to get a mold made then press a new section to replace the rusty hole. I'll chuck some photos up later. But in the mean time it looks like I might have my skyline sold YEHAH more money to finish buyin all the expensive stuff for the rolla :) and maybe some more progress...... We will see.....

• Upvote 1

Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer about it and need to get a mold made then press a new section to replace the rusty hole. I'll chuck some photos up later. But in the mean time it looks like I might have my skyline sold YEHAH more money to finish buyin all the expensive stuff for the rolla :) and maybe some more progress...... We will see.....

Yeah i knew about a little bit that was from a master cylinder leak. Been keeping an eye on it and it hadn`t gotten any worse.

post-2201-0-75671600-1315623999_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-06307300-1315624059_thumb.jpg

It all seems to bolt up to the original holes with the little spacer.

post-2201-0-91863000-1315624151_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-54650200-1315624230_thumb.jpg

From what webers4x48 was just saying its a 2x column but not sure on box. he`s had 4 ke-2x`s and also a ke-17 sprinter with the same setup as mine but was all so long ago.

I should have the car at the fabricators doing manifolds for my 5kte setup in a couple f weeks. So i can take some better photos of under steering box for you.

yeah its only surface rust I'm going to bare metal the whole car once ive dialed everything in.

stu.

oops only noticed how bad the second photo looks ill drop down today and get a better one if needed.

Edited by kickn5k