Ke11 Beams

drift freak

Members dont see this ad

Well I spoke with my local engineer this morning and he's gunna come round my house next week and let me know what he thinks about the conversion. I told I was sick of yes/no/maybe answers and wanted concrete answers. He was more than happy but obviously wanted to be paid for his time which I can understand (saves me wasting thousands more if it is a no go). So hopefully by the end of next week we will all know if this is feasible conversion to nsw regulations.

Ordered my wheels from Performance wheels in sa today. Superlite 15*6 with 3mm positive offset in black with machined lip. Probably a little out of order considering I still need to find out about the front end but I suppose I can always sell them if I don't use them. Wish they'd hurry up and turn up I need to be able to roll it around the shed.

Hey, just found this thread. Very good drift freak. You are doing things right; checking stuff out with your engineer before going ahead "blindly". This should be a nice car to drive, feeling fast and fun at even slow speeds too. That's the good thing with tiny corollas.

I Pm'e d you with some stuff, but not all of it may be relevant as I forgot it's not a KE2x you're doing.

Cheers

Rob

Well some progress has been made :) The engineer came around the other day and was really happy with how the prgress is coming. Because I am going with the 3SGE and it is over 45% bigger than the original motor in capacity I need to use a collapsible column. Now this has thrown a spanner in the works so to say because I can't run the original lca's because to install a rack and pinion with collapsible steering column the mounting bolts are in the way. So I've asked the engineer about using KE70 lca's with adapter brackets like the ones 68Krolla has designed, he said this is the best way to go as I retain the standard crossmember as it is a requirement of the engineering process. So now I need to chase up some KE70 lca's, rack and pinion, struts, radius rods and mounting brackets to finish the front suspension setup. I also asked him about the trans tunnel, he has no probs with what i'm planning on doing.

Now I received my wheels today so I've fitting them up tonight so I can move it around the shed over the weekend (pics below), now I mis-ordered them and ordered positive 3mm offset on 15*6 rims and theyu sit out of the guard by about 25 mm. So I'll sort this out once the suspension is finalised. (Always remember to measure twice and check twice more before ordering stuff lol)

So now its onto the tunnel, after discussing the best solution with the engineer I've decided to get a section rolled at my local sheetmetal business and weld it in myself, he has no probs with that and thought that was a better idea than me trying to fold up a squareish piece myself at home. I've just got to make some templates and go and see them.

post-10705-0-12299200-1316782065_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-62163500-1316782140_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-74974600-1316782627_thumb.jpg

i'm wondering why you've gone to the trouble of keeping a ke10 x member? a lot of people say to use a ke20 item shortened or redrilled to bolt up.. get rid of that ugly lower control arm and the transverse leaf.

but wow dude you have some fab skills.. i'm wishing i had a sheet metal bender would come in handy!