Ke11 Beams

drift freak

Finally got it started tonight, had some dramas with a fuel blockage inside the pump body but once it was cleared, she fired straight away. Still heaps to do but what great sound to my ears... More videos and info to come...... For now I'm heading to bed to dream about fangin round in her :)

BTW what sort of video file do I need to use to upload videos to this site... I'm having heaps of trouble gettin them uploaded.

Members dont see this ad

Hey Jono.C yeah mate absolutely stoked about getting it fired up, sounds awesome with no exhaust LOL it has made me super keen to get things sorted (mainly pedal box so I can take it for a spin) but there is still a long way to go and have only really scratched the surface. Although it is a huge step in the right direction thats for sure. Ive got to get my heater/demister core mounted and plumbed in plus finish tidying up a whole bunch of stuff so wont be anytime soon.

Now just to flick work and spend all my time working in the shed........

Well I proceeded to install my Vintage Air heater/demister unit last night. It fits nicely under the dash with only millimetres to spare :)

post-10705-0-81048900-1345161386_thumb.jpg

As you can see here the core is visible from inside the car, I'm not sure if i will make a sheetmetal cover that hides this or just leave it exposed??? What is everyones thoughts???

I'll get some more photos of the hose routing this arvo and post them tonight. Fingers crossed it all fits in there and nothing fouls i.e. wiper arms, glove box etc. LOL

post-10705-0-75901300-1345161377_thumb.jpg

I have run the heater hoses through the gaps at the top of the firewall as this aids routing the hoses under the dash and minimises the risk of kinking the hoses.

Also to get the motor and box out it took me about me 15 min yesterday, HUGE thanks to my mate Muzza and his awesome wiring job, it allows me to unplug the motor and just drop the whole front end out without to much trouble.

post-10705-0-20627300-1345161775_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo showing the fuel line routing, I tried to keep it tucked up in the tunnel as much as possible and close to the rail to minimise anything flinging up off the road and damaging it.

post-10705-0-08232200-1345161856_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah Autofill I've been slowly making progress on the beast. The wiring is nearly done, its been a massive job but well worth the results. Things are coming along with the new boot floor going back at the moment and the dash getting sorted. I still need to wire in the brake switch, alarm and central locking, run brake and clutch lines, get front and rear swaybars made and mount the rear shocks.

post-10705-0-73084300-1351419264_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-03005800-1351419383_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-52117500-1351419489_thumb.jpg