Ke11 Beams

drift freak

Members dont see this ad

Ah such a pain in the arse!!! I should have given myself a little more clearance behind the pedals as its almost impossible to get the spanner on the firewall bulkhead nuts. A few people hav said the same thing about tightening them a few times to ensure good sealing. Very frustrating part of the build that's for sure

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally had my brake flare tool arrive the other day and have since put the brake and clutch lines together. To be honest buying the Eastwood Brake Flare Tool was easily the best tool purchase I've ever made. I got it out of the box and within minutes was creating perfect flares for what I needed. So now the coupe drives and stops which has put a massive smile on my face and has made my xmas/new year just a little less stressful.

Check it out

So now its time to start stripping it back to pieces and start finishing the body and get it ready for paint. Watch this space :)

can't take credit for the wagon, all I did was the lip, wheels and lowering.

Best bit about my shed is its at the missus parents and they have a pool, so we all go and I get to tinker and they get to swim. Win win :P

Plus nothing better than sweating your ass off and being able to walk 20 meters and jump in a pool. :y:

LittleRedSpirit - Yeah it idles pretty well for now. I was lucky enough to get a ecu config file from a guy in Berridale who I met online (massive props T. Duncan for sharing his tune with me). It has saved me a hell of a lot of work but it still needs fine tuning on a dyno to sort out all the fiddly settings and stuff. It will do for now to move it around though.

Not entirely sure about the brake system, I think I might need to put in boosters as the pedal is fairly stiff. It does stop reasonably well though so I need to borrow my mates brake testing machine and get some stopping g-force readings and pedal pressure figures, this will allow me to determine whether the booster is needed or not in relation to the RTA braking specs.

Hopefully I can sort this in the next week or so......