Sign in to follow this  
nerfbat

John Safran Vs God, Door Knocking Ep

Members dont see this ad

lol, Safran makes some great programs. Never really listened to much Sunday Night Safran, I should grab the podcasts sometime.

from time to time i catch sunday night safran on JJJ, quite interesting stuff. though they seem to have something else on now?

father bob is great to listen to also.

but after seeing safran on Q & A a few weeks back, i have little to no respect for him.....

even when asked serious questions, he just answered with stupid jokes.

in reference to the video, i can see how the door knocking can be seen as dodgy and annoying, and i certainly don't like my door being knocked on.

and it seems that even "I'm a christian and your door knocking isnt going to make me belive what you think" doesnt even work on them. i usually say, 'ok give me your things to read, no i don't want you to read the bible to me, i have my own to read' and even then they don't go away!

but on the other hand, if that's what they believe, then good on them for acting on their beliefs and getting out into the suburbs.

certainly better than others who only congregate with people of the same beliefs, for fear of getting infected by the outside world!

but after seeing safran on Q & A a few weeks back, i have little to no respect for him.....

even when asked serious questions, he just answered with stupid jokes.

He is a comedian and entertainer though. If Q & A wanted genuine intelligent discussion they should have booked Richard Dawkins or PZ Myers or one of the other outspoken scholarly Atheists.

Interestingly, we had a fairly big Mormon church move into the neighborhood. I thought, oh great here we go, we'll be hounded non stop now. But nope, we used to hear from them maybe once a year but in the 3 years or so since they've moved in I haven't heard a peep from them.

There's loads Jehovahs down my way, but I've never been hassled. I'll blast some Gravediggaz, whack a blue movie on the 50inch plasma and answer the door in the nude, as per my religious beliefs.

Safran's door knocking adventure was a perfect example of their ignorant, narrow mindedness. I don't care what religion you are just keep it out of my face.

As for his stint on Q&A, Iro is dead right, he's an entertainer, don't expect a straight answer from him. I find that the people I most enjoy watching on Q&A are usually the ones I least expect.