Corolla Parts

bruce

$700 would be the price of removing the center, sending it away to get all new gears and bearings and shimmed up to brand new specs, and installing it again. that IS what it costs to do that, but you can also just get a diff from the wreckers for $100 and a bottle of brake fluid and a bottle of diff oil and do it yourself in a weekend

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an RACT approved machanic, Jackmans, out at Moonah to have a look at it, and he said that if I could find a diff for it, and him to put it in, it could cost $700. He told me to get a new car :cool:

I called up Bridgewater wreckers, and they will sell a KE30 diff for $150 dollars. Might talk him down to $100. Then put it in my self. Wouldn't be too hard do with home tools shouldn't it?

Yeah Bruce, it's not that hard to changt he the diff over. You only need a couple of jacks and a few tools. Let me know if you need some help.

Talk him down to $100!!

It's a real shitter because I had a k50, and a diff left over at my place but ended up selling it to this young feller with a yellow/mustard ke55. I don't really have anything worth using now i don't think

a mechanic is going to charge you $700 labour to put a diff in a corolla? and you have to supply the parts? you have got to be kidding

diff is easy, just a socket set and some ring spanners and a hammer is all you need. just knock the axles out and change the center, save you bothering with bleeding the brakes and all that rubbish

most of us can change a jap diff center in under 2 hours, drive in drive out. your first time will be a bit longer, but it's just practice :cool:

Ive heard of a dude in tassie who's selling a brand new set of twin DCOE webers for $700, but he has now decided that they are some kind of rare limited edition things and now he has risen the price quite a deal.

p.s.- stay away from the DCOM webers, they are shit :D

On my visit out at Bridgewater wreckers, I asked if they had any front guards for KE3+ corollas. They didn't have any good ones, but they said they can get brand new steel ones; they have primer, and they are ready for painting. They want $110 for one.

Does anyone know where to get brand new guards direct from the maker, locally or (even interstate)? Cutting out the middle man might more cheaper. :)

are they aftermarket or genuine? aftermarket panels never fit right. you can MAKE them fit, but it's a pain. i'd try and find a set of clean genuine guards

They are aftermarket, they say they are exact copies.

Are they a pain in, like, you have to bend them a bit to fit, and drill the holes for the bolts etc.? And maybe they wouldn't be in proportion compared to the other panels?

I'll keep looking for genuine guards, buts its a bit hard to get a good one

correct. they are cheap taiwanese copies, they are pressed inaccurately and the holes are always slightly off the position of the stock ones. a good panelbeater can get them so perfect you won't be able to tell, but that all costs money. if you can get the aftermarket guards cheap/free then i'd say it's worth it, but not for $110 each, ke30 parts are just not worth that much

correct. they are cheap taiwanese copies, they are pressed inaccurately and the holes are always slightly off the position of the stock ones. a good panelbeater can get them so perfect you won't be able to tell, but that all costs money. if you can get the aftermarket guards cheap/free then i'd say it's worth it, but not for $110 each, ke30 parts are just not worth that much

Yeah don't sound like there worth $110 to me i thought genuine not aftermarket one :)