Why Do You Think We Need A Govt??

I should add I’m in health, and we are kept fully informed of where we are up to, and Dave is right, misinformation is rife. 

I will tell you this is a very real, and very serious issue, and I have no wish to end up a statistic

Members dont see this ad
On 8/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, parrot said:

NZ have proved this, the question is how did it get back in there again.

Same way it was let back into Victoria. Inept muppets controlling hotel quarantine. But at least Jacinda took a 20% pay cut, our Muppet Dan gave himself a 12%(near $50k) pay rise!! Seriously who takes a pay rise in a pandemic?

I never said it wasn't serious, just sick of getting blamed for something that the person who is blaming, caused 95+% of.

Just like Dr Dog (that’s a dad joke for those who read to their kids) I’m in Madrid at a bone marrow transplant conference. Or I would be. Instead I’m doing it remotely over a live stream in chilly Melbs till 2am each night. Fascinating the ways covid has affected people around the world in just this one small area of medicine. 

Australia is well placed, but we really need to keep our borders closed till effective vaccination is available.  And I mean closed closed.  Please don’t see that as some sort of racist perspective because it isn’t.

Interesting to see Frydenberg ranting on the news about the current grade 4 restrictions in greater Melb. Not sure what he expects Dan to do, but at least on this occasion Dan has got it right.  He just has to hold his nerve.  I know the advice he is getting is to hold, remains to be seen if he does   as he didn’t follow the advice last time.  Financially of course it’s a disaster on many levels

Edited by parrot

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:31 PM, parrot said:

Just like Dr Dog (that’s a dad joke for those who read to their kids) I’m in Madrid at a bone marrow transplant conference. Or I would be. Instead I’m doing it remotely over a live stream in chilly Melbs till 2am each night. Fascinating the ways covid has affected people around the world in just this one small area of medicine. 

Australia is well placed, but we really need to keep our borders closed till effective vaccination is available.  And I mean closed closed.  Please don’t see that as some sort of racist perspective because it isn’t.

Interesting to see Frydenberg ranting on the news about the current grade 4 restrictions in greater Melb. Not sure what he expects Dan to do, but at least on this occasion Dan has got it right.  He just has to hold his nerve.  I know the advice he is getting is to hold, remains to be seen if he does   as he didn’t follow the advice last time.  Financially of course it’s a disaster on many levels

Out of curiosity, what do you for a living?

I figure he works on old Toyotas for a living, with some biomedical engineering as a sideline...

..and with all this Covid cash being thrown about-

""The children's playground at Parliament is being called a monument to extravagance after it ran significantly over budget.

Today the price tag of the playground has been revealed at $572,000, well over the initial $400,000 budget.  The slide was $76,000 over budget and engineering and architect fees were $73,000 over.

The Green Party think it's ironic - given the Speaker said it was too expensive to make the playground accessible.  “The current playground is effectively a slide and a bunch of logs which is not particularly accessible to kids with certain types of disabilities,” Chlöe Swarbrick says.

However, Disability Rights Commissioner Paula Tesoriero says an accessible carousel may soon be added to the playground to address this.""

Obviously the Labour Party is in power in NZ...   Bloody fools voting them in, although I'm sure if the National Party win the election they will still pour another few hundred thousand in to make it accessible for the disabled!

On 10/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, B-Lugg said:

Out of curiosity, what do you for a living?

I work in Haematology, blood cancers mainly.  Old Toyota's just an enjoyable way to amuse myself.

The latest twist to the saga is that the hospitals offered to takeover much of the case tracing and various other aspects of the response.  Initially the government thought that was a good idea, but quickly backed away when the public service got worried some people might lose their jobs.  Meanwhile, the source of our latest outbreak was happily infecting other people hours after he was identified due to logistical 'issues' within said department. Outcome, longer lockdown

• 2 months later...

Well, here's another myth blamed on "global warming" being debunked..  and an ongoing problem as electric cars will still need tyres.

----------------------------------------------

Just last year, PBS and Popular Science were screaming about “climate change” being the cause with headlines likeClimate Change is Killing Salmon in the Pacific Northwest and Climate change is cooking salmon in the Pacific Northwest

It seems they were wrong, dead wrong.

New University of Washington research published December 3rd in the journal Science, exonerates “climate change” in the salmon killing caper and finds a surprise villain; an additive to automobile tires, not “climate change.” In fact, the researchers specifically ruled out climate-driven temperature increase as a cause.

Basically, the process is like this: stormwater runoff carries tire wear rubber particles into streams from the nearby roads, where a chemical called 6PPD-quinone, a biproduct from the 6PPD preservative added on tires to prevent breakdown by ozone, leeches into the water. It has been determined that this chemical is highly toxic to salmon. Researchers say they identified 6PPD-quinone as the “smoking gun” behind salmon deaths in freshwater streams.

Here are some relevant quotes from the University of Washington press release, Tire-related chemical is largely responsible for adult coho salmon deaths in urban streams, bold mine:

“We had determined it couldn’t be explained by high temperatures, low dissolved oxygen or any known contaminant, such as high zinc levels,” said co-senior author Jenifer McIntyre, an assistant professor at WSU’s School of the Environment, based in Puyallup. “Then we found that urban stormwater runoff could recreate the symptoms and the acute mortality.

“[We]…found something called 6PPD, which is used to keep tires from breaking down too quickly.

“It’s like a preservative for tires,” Tian said. “Similar to how food preservatives keep food from spoiling too quickly, 6PPD helps tires last by protecting them from ground-level ozone.”

“But when 6PPD reacts with ozone, the researchers found that it was transformed into multiple chemicals, including 6PPD-quinone (pronounced “kwih-known”), the toxic chemical that is responsible for killing the salmon.

This chemical is not limited to the Puget Sound region. The team also tested roadway runoff from Los Angeles and urban creeks near San Francisco, and 6PPD-quinone was present there as well. This finding is unsurprising, the researchers said, because 6PPD appears to be used in all tires and tire wear particles are likely present in creeks near busy roads across the world.”

• 3 months later...

So I got does 1 of the Pfizer vaccine today. About a month earlier than expected which is pretty fast. Only another 25,000,000 people to go!

Get on it people, when it’s available to you

Edited by parrot
Can’t spell

My tinnitus has got worse.  Is that the government sending messages to my brain.....

And for some reason, I am unable to edit my post above to spell 'does' correctly.  is this part of ....'the conspiracy!!?'

Edited by parrot

My tinnitus has got worse, and I haven't had the vaccine!  That'll be the 5G, an extensive description of how electromagnetic radiation affects us (and all animals and plants) since we discovered making it is in a book online called "The Invisible Rainbow". Fascinating stuff on how we have degraded ourselves since the early 1800s with electricity, radio, TV, radar, microwaves and mobile phones...  and tinnitus gets mentioned along with the nervous diseases and the new virus pandemics that come along with each new wavelength.  The Doctor that wrote it even mentions the collision-avoidance radar in new cars and the thousands of satellites all beaming radiation down onto us, so its pretty recent.

I was reading about the sickness in the crew of HMAS Sydney straight after they were given the vaccine, and Mr Hunt being rushed to hospital also just after it, but it was in an overseas paper and they had a much stronger slant on it all than the Aussie media.

There is no truth anymore, and no-one can be trusted..

Does ! Yeah, a strange word.  I try not to use it.  DOE stands for Department of Education;  Department of Energy; Department of Ecology. Therefore DOEs refers to people who work for those arms of government, doesn't it.  There I go again, I've used it again.   Except we spell it incorrectly. Duznit ?  or maybe Donzen, which is when you get 12 off those staff together, who work for said departments.

I might need to get my shot very soon. This is all messing with my head.

I’m clearly no cool kid, but everyone wanted to pat my dog at our inaugural Bunnings trip today.  

Counts as car related as I was there for a new tin of contact cement to fix my $50 sanding block that shed its Velcro after one day  

F9BB11EE-FBB7-40B8-B442-B274ECEF25EC.jpeg

Edited by parrot
Spelling as usual