Why Do You Think We Need A Govt??

Members dont see this ad

The part that I find hardest to believe is that we are expected to just believe this rambling? Do you proof-read your writing? I ask because it bounces from topic to topic without actually explaining anything, just churning out wild theories.

Unless I'm mistaken, there seems to be some disturbingly racist undertones to viewpoints expressed here.

Edited by carbonboy
  • Upvote 1

Unless I'm mistaken, there seems to be some disturbingly racist undertones to viewpoints expressed here.

That is to be expected- The legislation and demonising of racism comes from Govt after all...

Before a lot of readers here were born I hitchhiked around a fair bit of the Western world, starting by flying to Aussie, hitching up to Darwin, back down to Tassie and out through Perth in the 70s. I met ordinary people who were happy to pick me up and chat, all sorts of people. As a Kiwi who grew up with 1950s Maoris (certainly different to today!) I ended up thinking "Jeez these Aussies are racist!"

Then I lived in South Africa for 8years... The people were racist in a completely different way, everyone accepted that a racist viewpoint was normal, and I'm damm sure that giving everyone the vote has not changed the fact that races are different in their cultures.

Then after a bit of Europe I hitched around the UK and thought "Jeez these Poms are racist.."

So after more than 60years watching this, I'm quite happy for people to be racist or not. For myself, I believe cultures are not equal, even if races are. I'm a "culturist", so as long as you behave like a white man I don't care what colour you are! ..and seeing religions are part of culture, some religions are much better than others.

Either way, there is no reason at all for Govts to try and limit your freedom of speech, or force you to think in a certain way. Their ultimate goal is always to have their subjects unable to even conceive of a world without Govt, so they are safely in power...

With an election on now, its a great time to think of the incentives behind what the parasites talk about. You can rest assured that anything they do is a false front to making sure they are in the seat of power and you are working as slave for them! Would you voluntarily donate money to Holden so General Motors in America can keep their profits up?

Edited by altezzaclub

In terms of brainwashing people, religion pwns any government.

Yeah, true as anything! Luckily most say you should lead a good honest life to get to heaven, but they have been behind some giant wars in history.

Same as politics, believe anything you like but please don't interfere with my life!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, off you all go, you have been ORDERED by your rulers to attend a certain venue within the next ten hours and fill out a form, or THEY VILL PUNISH YOU!

So ironic really, all this bullshit about democracy giving you a choice and freedom, yet the FIRST thing they do is force you to vote! That'

s all a Govt is for, coercing you into giving up your life for them.

Seeing one party loses the election it all goes dead against the current PC nonsense pushed at schools that 'everyone is a winner' , so the only reasonable answer is to do away with elections, save tens of millions of dollars and have the two parties take turn about. Labor was in, now its National's turn, then Labor in four years..

Too bad about the media, the pollsters, the political analysts, the lobbyists.. Nothing to talk about at 'change of Govt' time, their lives worthless, they all committed suicide.

Well, off you all go, you have been ORDERED by your rulers to attend a certain venue within the next ten hours and fill out a form, or THEY VILL PUNISH YOU!

So ironic really, all this bullshit about democracy giving you a choice and freedom, yet the FIRST thing they do is force you to vote!

I used to think this, then I realised an election without people to vote in it would be like a motorsport event without volunteers to be flag marshals, timekeepers etc. Some events, teams supplying a volunteer is mandatory, noone likes standing out in the weather instead of having fun driving, but you do it because of the bigger picture.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it. :D

I hear you Reed.. I went down with friends who had to vote, so I harassed the three clowns standing outside giving out pamphlets.. Greens, and Tweedledum and Tweedledee... None of them were impressed when I said they supported slavery and had to coerce people to vote for freedom, the irony was lost. One said if they didn't MAKE people vote then Australia would fall apart, like all those overseas countries...

The idea of voluntary taxes was greeted with derision as none of them believed Aussies would give money to pay for their policies. The answer that their policies were obviously rubbish stopped them dead.

Once they found out I was a Kiwi its all "Oh you're just here to go on the dole .." "Ah, no, Kiwis aren't eligible for the dole, or for old age pensions, or for any welfare or even student loans, but we pay full taxes"

Once I walked away they all had a laugh, and then carried on pretending they were enemies of each other, when its obvious that they are ALL the same & its them against the taxpayers. Parasites, all of them!

• 1 month later...

Senator Online was a pretty good option, have all the decisions/policies/legislation before they happen sent via smartphone or simiar Online device so it can be voted by the public and not the turds in Parliament.

Edited by diegoh

• 7 months later...

Well, its not improving.... I get the email newsleter from the Howick Ratepayers Group in Auckland, where we moved from.

You need to get ANGRY about what is happening as the debt slides further and further into OD and Rates go up by 10% per annum (minimum) but the Council has declared 'no intention of repaying debt'

Frankly I have been shocked recently to be told by police that J Day A DAY OF POT SMOKING IN ALBERT PARK (which was held on May 3rd) was sanctioned by Auckland Council!I was told that the Council said that was fine as they OWN Albert Park . ISN'T HE LAW THE LAW OR DOES IT NOT COUNT IN AUCKLAND COUNCIL AND HOW MUCH DID THEY GIVE THE ORGANISERS OF THIS EVENT?

BUT THE NEXT ONE TAKES THE CAKE-

5th June 2014

Auckland Ratepayers Paying to Push Polyamory

Family First NZ says that Auckland ratepayers are being made to subsidise an event promoting polyamory for those who want to ‘relate to more than one partner’ and non-monogamous marriages.

The event to be held in Auckland this month received an Auckland Council grant from the Community Development and Safety Committee, and is entitled “Poly Panel, Discussions around Queer Polyamory A one day event exploring a framework of ethical, healthy polyamory relationships.”

“It is incredible that with the dust having only just settled on the same-sex marriage debate, Auckland Council sees fit to fund an event promoting discussion around polyamory and questioning monogamous marriages,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First NZ.

“Fringe groups like this should fund themselves – not be funded by ratepayers.”

In the advertising blurb, it states “There has been much queer discussion about maintaining our authentic relationship choices since the recent marriage amendment law. Along with questioning heteronormativity, many LGBTI people question monogamous marriages and relationships… This event hopes to break down some of the isolation and misunderstanding that sometimes surrounds non-monogamous (and polyamorous) relationships.”

“Although it is only a small grant, it is the principle involved. Why is the Auckland Council spending money promoting polyamory? If these groups want to have their gatherings, they should fund themselves – and Council should stick to their core business,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First NZ.

• 1 month later...

Ah- THIS is what Govts are for! Distorting the free market and stopping people getting what they want! This time Aussie is on the receiving end for once!

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/australias-fastest-holden-grounded-under-prohibitive-laws-20140508-37x0q.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=outbrain_amplify

It may be Australia’s fastest, most powerful homegrown car and arguably the most fitting tribute to our automotive history, but the venerable HSV GTS has become the victim of red tape outside of its own country. Exports of the 430kW super sedan are well underway into the UK and, unequivocally, the response from the motoring press and enthusiasts has been positive.

Only 100 British enthusiasts will be afforded the chance to purchase the GTS from new because of restrictive import laws.

In the UK, the importation of vehicles from outside the European Union is capped at 100 in total if the vehicles have not been pre-approved. The so-called Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) law is similar to the prohibitive Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme (RAWS) enacted in Australia.

“We have a 100-car cap on sales, due to SVA regs,”

A similar story is playing out in the US, where imports of the Commodore-based Chevrolet SS have effectively been capped to a few thousands vehicles because of Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rules which penalise brands that sell too many thirsty cars.

This is by no means the first time an Australian-produced car has been hamstrung by restrictive import laws.

Much to the frustration of Holden executives, the SS ute was never shipped into the United States in a mass production capacity because of strict protection for their local manufacturing industry, as well as unfavourable exchange rates.

Australian car makers have claimed poor outcomes in the government’s early Free Trade Agreements with Thailand and the US.

The deals often lend to low trade barriers for car makers wanting to import into Australia, however that trend isn’t reciprocated for local car makers wanting to export out.

• 1 month later...

..and while Julie Bishop is wanking on about how ISIS can't be eliminated, AND carefully avoiding pointing out that they were formed, trained and armed by the USA to get rid of Assad's Govt in Syria... we have more clowns closer to home!

Infinity pools are the ones where the water flows over one side to be collected and recycled, so you have a drop straight off one wall.

One Sydney council insisted on fencing the base of six-metre high pylons, to stop children from climbing up to enter an infinity pool that jutted out over a cliff face.

-----------

His infinity pool is surrounded by 1.2 metre to 1.3 metre high slippery glass walls. The only access is via childproof gates that can only be opened from the inside by somebody tall enough to reach over.

------------

From the top of the Devine's infinity edge to the ground is two metres, twice the height of most toddlers.

The wall on the side of the trough collecting the water is 1.2 metres high, and difficult to climb. Now Mr Devine has been told the only way the pool will be deemed legal is by adding yet another barrier in front, something that pool industry veteran Richard Dunn says is "crazy, stupid and ridiculous."

----------

If it is to meet the new pool fencing laws, the spiky succulents in planters inside the pool will probably have to be removed: a child could put his or her foot through the fence and use the plant to gain a foothold.

The family's large concrete table and chairs in the courtyard could also be a risk. It is argued that a toddler may move one of them to the pool wall.

On the tennis court, the family's basketball hoop is considered another hazard. A small child may move it, and use it as a footstool into the infinity pool's trough.

...and so it goes on! You are being lined up for another reaming by your masters over the 'recognition of aboriginal rights' referendum. Those above you have a picture of the future, one that they have probably been told to have by the UN, and careful advertising will make sure you all vote for it. .....or at least a close enough vote so they can bullshit the results to get the answer they want. Once it is recognised that Australia belonged to the abos and it was taken from them by the whites, you will have the happy situation of NZ currently, an endless gravy train of claims for billions of dollars for things your great-grandparents did! (or never did at all, but no-one can stand up and call the claiments liars as it is all done in a secret court!) Naturally the clowns in power don't care, its taxpayer's money and it makes them look good as they help the "poor and underpriviledged". You have until Oct 30th to make a submission and a 'suggestion' of the question that should be on the ballot paper.

Watch this space...

...aaand.. this one was interesting because I'd just read that since the time that I was born (1950 or so) the number of laws in the USA has increased by 18times! So for every law then we now have 18, assuming Aussie is the same as America and I can't see it being any different.

NZ realised a decade or two back that no one person knew all the tax laws and the demands of the tax parasites were purely random. That was when David Henderson had a massive stoush with IRD and Parliament got involved. Suddenly the MPs realised they knew nothing about how their tax was gathered, and more importantly, they didn't want to know, just so long as it kept rolling in!

So, want to build a garage out the back...

When I was a child, I got to see the house my grandfather built, by himself, in the 1950s, on a small plot of land, in a small rural town with dirt roads, for his wife and children. It was a humble home, without many of the features considered essential in modern homes. It had no electricity, no furnace, the walls were not insulated, and there was one large room with a wood burning stove in the middle that functioned as a kitchen/dining room/living room/bedroom.

In these simpler times, a man could build a house for his family, the best way he could, with the best means available to him at that time, and be applauded for it as a hard working man taking care of his family. Fast forward to today and such a thing is not allowed anymore, because the politicians have made it illegal.

Today, if you want to build your own house, you, your architect, or your home builder, are required to comply with thousands of pages of modern bureaucratic rules controlling, regulating, limiting and mandating the way your home must be built. To design something as simple as a single family home, the laws which have been established in my locale to which we must comply are:

-The 868 Page Residential Code

-49 pages of amendments to the Residential Code

-The 480 Page Fire Code

-193 pages of amendments to the Fire Code

-32 pages of administrative code

-Between 542 and 690 pages of zoning code (Depending on how your lot is zoned)

This means that if you want to build a home for your family today in my locale or somewhere similar, you are expected to understand and comply with between 2164 and 2312 pages of regulations.

Remember, these pages are literally jam-packed with rules, rules, and more rules. There are so many rules that nobody can remember them all, which means that there’s no way to know which ones you’re missing, which means you never know which rules you may be unintentionally breaking. And remember, these are not basic life/safety rules for structurally sound homes; these are obscure and trivial rules which control every tiny facet of everything in your home to a degree that no reasonable person even cares about. The best a local architect can do is to understand the basics; the important factors of building a home, and then as many of the obscure ones as he can bother to learn and remember, before the next edition of the code becomes the law and more trivial and obscure rules are added, modified, or adjusted. The problem is not the basic rules, it’s the obscure rules that you never use that get you each time. Every time I ask permission, on my client’s behalf, to build a house on their property (they call this permission a “building permit” and if you don’t have one, it is illegal for you to build a house on your own property), I get some new obscure rule that I’ve never heard of before because the government agent on the other side of the table just had a training on this specific item, or he overheard someone else talking about it, or he happened upon it on an unrelated job, and now he thinks he must apply it to this project as well. And when you ask him why this rule never applied to the dozens of projects you’ve done in the past, the answer is “well that one slipped through the cracks.” I’m not kidding – on multiple occasions that has been the excuse proffered to me when I question why one arbitrary and inconsequential rule suddenly needs to be enforced when it has never even been mentioned in the past.

Here are some real examples of these obscure rules for you to consider if you ever decide to build a house in a jurisdiction similar to mine, and remember, each one of these is the law, and if you don’t comply, the administration section of the code purports to grant the local jurisdiction with the authority to fine, imprison, or fine and imprison you. Remember, these rules are codified into law; it is a criminal offense to neglect them.

Any window in your home must not leak air more than 0.3 cubic feet per minute per square foot. So if you install one drafty window in your home that leaks 0.4 cubic feet of air in one square foot of area, you can go to jail.

The metal used for of your toilet tank liner must have a minimum weight of 10 ounces per square foot. If the manufacturer of your toilet did not know this obscure rule, you can go to jail.

Showers must be at least 30-inches wide. If you have a tight bathroom and build a 29-inch shower, you can go to jail (confession time: once I designed a shower 28 inches wide by 60 inches long – oh the humanity!!).

If you have a hallway longer than 10 feet, you have to provide an electrical outlet in that hallway. If you don’t think that you need one and don’t want to pay for one, you can go to jail.

If your house has a skylight, the glass of the skylight must be sloped at least 15 degrees. If you install your skylight anywhere between flat and 14 degrees, you can go to jail.

The radius of curvature at each individual stair nosing cannot be greater than 9/16 inches. If your stair nosing has a radius of curvature of 5/8-inch, you can go to jail.

Now, has anyone actually gone to jail over these petty and obscure rules? Probably not, but that’s not the point. The point is that you are threatened with being taken to jail if you do not comply, out of ignorance or recalcitrance. Does anyone really think that without these laws, we would all suffer with drafty windows, leaking toilets, tiny showers, and dangerous stairs? Only if you believe that it’s the thousands of pages of regulations that forced architects and homebuilders to provide them. Or, if you understand that economic progress is brought by increased productive capacity, technology, and increased wealth, you realize that these are the reasons why so many enjoy higher quality homes than in decades past. It is in understanding where economic progress comes from that you will ultimately discover the uselessness and redundancy of such bureaucratic rules being enforced through threats of fines and imprisonment at your architect and home builder.

Edited by altezzaclub