Dns Snafu

irokin

So a few guys we having troubles getting RC this morning and this is the story behind it (copy/paste from the placeholder page I made quickly):

Hey Guys,

Don't stress, there's nothing wrong with RC itself (you can see for yourself here). The reason you're seeing this page as our old host from a while back still hosts the DNS which tells your browser where to find our server. Last night they moved an old server to a new server which necessitated updating the DNS records to reflect that change. Unfortunatly however they didn't have enough foresight to update ONLY the DNS records with contained an IP address related to sites hosted on that IP address. Instead whats happened is they've updated ALL of the records assuming that the IP pointed to their old server. That'd be fine if RC was still hosted on the old server but it isn't so thats why you're seeing this page.

So rest assured, nothings wrong with RC, it will be back as soon as the DNS changes propagates which should be less than 24 hours in a worst case scenario.

If you want to try and get it back faster you can try this guide to flush your DNS resolver cache. If you're still seeing this tomorrow morning (Sunday 9/10/11) shoot me an email irokin at rollaclub.com and I'll give you a hand getting it back.

Members dont see this ad

Nope, that was the beauty of it you see, even the free users were gifted two games (permanently) and premium membership (for a few months) all because some people were bitching about not being able to play their games online.....

I thought it was a great excuse to catch up on some PC gaming myself :P