George The Ke26

Nostalgia

Members dont see this ad

So today I got some quotes for exhausts to be made, 2inch from extractors back with no resonator and sports muffler. I don't want a resonator and really don't like the look of the vertical muffler on 26s, and was thinking of having the muffler half way down under the seats so the cabin doesn't resonate. And then I don't have to look at the muffler, as I want the straight pipe look, and chuck a little angle on it.

BUT.. Both places I talked to today said there's no where under the car where I could put it, as it would sit too low. These mufflers are 4inches in the dimension to worry about, does anyone know of any mufflers that are skinnier?

Or had any other ideas?

Okay so yesterday bought some wheels

4 13x7 hotwires, two with shagged 175/65s & two 90% tread 175/65s not on them yet

4 rwd 626 steelies with 3 okay tyres and 1 smooth as a babies bum, but that doesn't matter as I'll be getting them put on 7inch bands in the future :)

$100 oh yeah!

Hotwires need some sprucing up, and need some shank nuts but should be all good :) they look good on too, sit just outside of flush and have a little stretch on them. When I get new tyres I'll get some 165s so when I lower it I don't need to modify the guards.

Last exam is on Friday, after that I'll make them look all speccy and finally post some photos!

Cheers,Toby & George