Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad

Thanks Tom :)

The plan is, I'm going to enjoy the car as is in low crappy handling/street mode until april then its going back onto its track diet.

Next on the list is the brakes. I am getting some braided lines and new pads in the next month or so. Also there is a clicking in the actual brake pedal whenever it passes a certain point. Is there a spring or a pin that goes in the top of the pedal or something that may cause this problem from being worn?

Still need to fit my rear sway.

And need to invest in longer studs.

And a wheel alignment finally :P

Then this car will bedabessss! Fingers crossed that my time dips into the 1:47's with all these changes... :D

I went on a 800km or so return road trip this weekend in the mighty lunch box.

The car did exceptionally well, no smoking, no overheating, no oil or water consumtion and best of all 6.9L/100km!! Engine has finally settled and is just ticking along nicely :D well, apart from one thing, o-ring in the dizzy has gone...

I do need to raise it back up 20-25mm again as its scrubbing very badly on country roads (and handles like crap haha)

Seat was a bit harsh and was lacking padding for long trips, so i had to make my own pillow with towels and stuff to avoid getting a numb bum an numb legs LOL!!

While talking about my seats, I had a look at my Bride's tag this morning, and I'm now not too sure if they are legit or not considering the price i paid. I can't read the japanese on the tag apart from the english saying "Bride" and "Made in Japan"... made in Japan is a good sign right? :D

Heres a couple of photos and a photo of the rear window before the return trip :P

imgp6498.jpg

imgp6645pkkg.jpg

imgp6641.jpg

Today I fitted the Whiteline rear sway bar, and man what a difference it makes! car handles really well now even with it being a touch too low and with rubbish tyres on. best mod, really happy with it and recommend it for any FWD car :D

imgp7119d.jpg

imgp7124.jpg

imgp7127v.jpg

All was great until i was finishing up my test drive and blew my head gasket again on the way back.... ripped the head off it and here is the damage:

imgp7143.jpg

imgp7144z.jpg

It holds a new record: its been on the road for about 7 weeks which beats last time :P haha

Hhhahaha I'm not the only one to do a head gasket on a tin can :lolcry: hahahha mine did 20,000km was so pissed and know ive fixed that oil pump is leaking :bash: its on the back burner for know but hopefully will get it going again lol

Keep up the good work :happy:

See ya

Jimi

Hhhahaha I'm not the only one to do a head gasket on a tin can :lolcry: hahahha mine did 20,000km was so pissed and know ive fixed that oil pump is leaking :bash: its on the back burner for know but hopefully will get it going again lol

Keep up the good work :happy:

See ya

Jimi

Oh dude I'm hearing ya! once you change one part the others get jealous and youre constantly trying to chase everything down. scumbag parts lol

Oh dude I'm hearing ya! once you change one part the others get jealous and youre constantly trying to chase everything down. scumbag parts lol

Hahhaha yeah i know :bash: i think i just cleaned if the gunk and that then pftt and know she is pissing out :blinks: oh well

See ya

Jimi

Did you warp the head or just blow the gasket?

What did it blow again? over reving?

:(

I doubt its a warped head, but i will be checking it for straightness. Pretty sure i just blew the gasket. On both motors they just used some cheap flimsy gasket in there, last motor even had a shim for some reason :S

Considering its a 4AGE, I wasnt over revving it by any means :P haha i just gear changed down into second for a round about and as soon as i jumped on the throttle it popped.

Gives me an opportunity to put a TRD gasket in (wont happen again!) and maybe some bigport cams ^_^ Should be on the road wednesday if there aren't any complications

EDIT:

In other news, the car will be returning to track spec as I'm Thinking of going to a test and tune on friday april 13 (ooh scary!! Lol)

Pretty sure it Will be my only opportunity to track this thing till september as queens bday is right in the middle of my exams :(

Long list of things to do by then (including putting the motor back together :P )

Edited by Subaru_kid