T50 Cable Clutch

158kw4k

Members dont see this ad

I haven't heard of anyone converting a hydro to a cable, as the slave cyl pushes and the cable pulls.

Perhaps the clutch arm pivot is on opposite sides of the bell housing. On a K50 it should pivot on the passenger's side, and on a T50 it should pivot on the driver's side.

On your T50 you would have to take a cable all the way around to behind the clutch arm and then pull it towards the back of the car.

I had a T50 in a 20 that had a rather agricultural, although reasonably effective device to turn push into pull.

I went to hydraulic as it was the better option in the long run.

Like Red said, hydraulic is the better option.

KE70 are quite easy to convert to hydro clutch as there is the bolt in option of the AE71 set-up.

There is a complete setup for sale on eBay at the moment

Depending on how much it goes for is the only problem with the ebay option. From what i know of the ae71 pedal box is that their never cheap.

I know on the ke3x/5x near where the clutch cable goes through the firewall is two bolts where the hydraulic master cylinder is bolted on the TE series, all that needs to be done is the hole drilled in the wall and the clutch pedal modded. The ke70 might be the same. And then all you'll have to do is drop into an auto shop for the master cylinder and make up the pipe work.

Howsit. Wondering if anyone has done a cable clutch conversion on a t50? Or should i do a hydro conversion. Would like to see what the pro's and con's are as i would rather have cable clutch (save time and money).

hi did one a few years ago we put a 4ag with a t50 into a ke33coupe cut the same size slot in the other side of the bell housing and using the same pivot works ok with cable fork and throwout bearing cheers lou