Ke70 Lsd

jasoneKE70

Hi I have a ke70 with a welded diff and I want to put a LSD in it anybody got any ideas ???????? The welded diff I have is OK but. It is, starting to develope a couple of little tell tale sounds. Although I have 2 spare diffs that are not welded at the moment and could be without too much trouble, I'm just wondering if any body has any thoughts on a LSD and more importantly the cost that might be involved..

Members dont see this ad

Hi I have a ke70 with a welded diff and I want to put a LSD in it anybody got any ideas ???????? The welded diff I have is OK but. It is, starting to develope a couple of little tell tale sounds. Although I have 2 spare diffs that are not welded at the moment and could be without too much trouble, I'm just wondering if any body has any thoughts on a LSD and more importantly the cost that might be involved..

If you do a search on the forum mate you should find your answer, I'm pretty sure they don't make a LSD to suit the ke70 diff. You would however need to get a T series diff and purchase a LSD center (approx $500+ for the LSD) Not sure if they run a different tail shaft either!?

yeah no LSD available for the ke70, none, zip, nada.

pending on your funds, ability, future plans, there are a few options of diff.

the "t series" diff from a jap spec ae86 or T18, will bolt into your ke70 (using the correct tailshaft) and there are many aftermarket LSD's available.

you may have a bit of difficulty fitting the T series diff behind a K motor though in terms of which tailshaft, have a research on that one, may not be possible without a custom made tailshaft. (~$400)

with the T series diff they have bigger axels than the borgy diffs in the k series, and bigger brake drums, but everything bolts up to it.

if you plan on going turbo at some stage, you should look into the R31 differential, you will need to have it modified to fit your car (shortened and mounts welded on, custom tailshaft), but there is an aftermarket lsd available for them (through KAAZ). muuuch bigger diff than the stocko or T series. but yeah considerable more money to make it happen...