Tiger

Purchase Of Car Audio Gear

OK, In my time here, I have been giving advise on car audio and I have been honored to even help out a member on the forums here with grabbing him some car audio gear, WHICH he has been nothing short of excited about. Now, I have absolutely no problem in helping people acquire some car audio gear for others on here. BUT, it has happened on a few occasions where people have said that they aren't too sure if they can trust me or not. Fair enough call.

My name is John Andrew Yankovski. I am not only a Forum Moderator on Rolla Club, I am also a Forum Moderator on OzCruize and a registered member of Car Audio Australia (Ex-Events Team Co-Ordinator). So these are ways of tracking me down anywhere. It is NOT in my best interest to be ripping off anybody, as I have responsibilities which I hold with high regards that I would jeopardise in the event of taking advantage of any member.

If anybody can trust somebody on Ebay with purchasing gear from which they have never even met, well, I'm sure I could be trusted being a member on a public forum that is known by many.

So IF there ANY item of audio that is of interest to you at anytime, please post here and I will take advantage of suppliers I know or I can always find a definite private seller for such items, in the event with which you may grab a dirt cheap deal

Thanks for your time and I'm not pointing the finger at anybody, this is a general post :cool:

Members dont see this ad

The misses is after a AW11 stereo mount mate. I'll pm you aswell to talk about it!

Cheers, Joel.

well in my experience with tiger, i have found him to be very efficiant and informative when sourcing well priced audio gear for me. keep it up mate. the pods are almost finished :S sorry its taking so long. i get sidetracked easy ;)

Tiger, if you want, you can hook me up for my new system for the sera. I want to track down 6" pioneer splits and in particular 2 checkerplate subs (old kind) cause i want 4 in the back of the sera :harhar:

I actually have a set of Pioneer Bass Bullet splits in my mates car he wants gone.

So I can ask him for a price on them whenever.

Gimme a model number for the subs and I'll see what I can get.

as i was saying in the other thread, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Jaycar Carbon Fibre 300wrms subs......can you get anything more decent tiger?

i should have another altec 4x185wrms amp in the next couple of weeks, big bastard it is.....although i can't find anything about it on the net. i think the model number is ACS - 480, its a competition amp.

Simon....

This was more the sub I had in mind :harhar:

Full Specs here

Pic:

productLarge_392.jpg

Lower in price, but strongest of the subs... speaking with the boys @ Jaycar about this one today and even they agree with me on it.

Hey Tiger,

Can you get speaker wire with an inline crossover?

I have some clarion splits out off my old written off corolla and unfortunately i forgot to remove the wires for them.

They type i require are -6db/oct.? apparently.

Or failing that is it possible to get a crossover block and use it?

Edited by Biggo

What Clarion Splits are they? Have you got a model number handy?

All it basically would be is either an inline capacitor to produce the crossover point between the two drivers... or Jaycar Universal Crossover Kits.

Otherwise... run them active off a 4 channel amplifier.. splits sound so much better when run active! :o

Model number - Srs1625

Yes they are cheapies but as i had a spare channel on the cd tuner i had them up front.

By active, do you mean one channel to the woofer and one to the tweeter?