Tiger

Purchase Of Car Audio Gear

Hey man, need your help again. So this is the problem, the subs produce way more bass than the rest of the system can handle so now I need to get rid of the 6in door and rear 6x9 speakers in place of something that can keep up with the subs. The only problem is (and I know you don't wanna hear this) but this is only my daily for the next couple of months so I don't want to spend much on them, I have an old Boss Audio amp here that has an output of 4x60Watts Rms and plan on leaving it in the car.

Oh and I do actually want to put new ones in, I have some speakers for my rolla already and can't wait so I need an alright sounding daily stereo.

Cheers

Maybe something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Fusion-CS-6-inch-Splits-Component-speakers-CS-CM60-/260759227949?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb6760e2d

Edited by jono1986

Members dont see this ad

I'd almost say to grab a set of 7x10s in the front doors (after what I've been listening to in the Camry, I'm sold on these for punch! haha) In all seriousness, if you could push the budget a little.. go for a set of Morel Maximo 6 splits. By far the best splits I've heard (with regards to midbass response and these were off the headunit.. no amp!) I think they were going for like $179. Otherwise, if you can source a pair of Jaycar Response Kevlar splits, then get em.

Otherwise... try and win these and I'll pick these up and post them out to you. These speakers rock! They are in my mates car. Bridge your Boss amp to run these... and that's a winning combo :D

Edited by Tiger

hey mate I'm after some 6x9 speakers around 400watt plus and some 6.5 atleast 350watt speakers??

also some kicker subs if ya got any

What amps have you got to run all these?

Usually, I'll argue against 6x9s WITH subs (run a search through this sub forum and you'll see my reasoning for it). Powered hard enough, 6x9s are enough on their own. (The Camry I'm running is firm proof of that. Fair enough, I've got 2 pairs of 7x10s on the rear shelf, but I tell you what... for a car with no sub, it'll give you some decents lows or louds!)

6.5" speakers... splits? Coaxials?

Kickers subs? Any reason your stuck on Kicker? Just out of curiosity, I ask this. That's all.

Also... I will say to NEVER go off MAX power readings. Continuous/nominal power is what you're interested in. RMS Power. I've got Kenwood 10" subs that are 600W Max, but that means bugger all to me. It's 200WRMS, which means thats the day-in day-out power it needs to run. Having said all this, I'd be under the impression you'd want 6x9s with 100WRMS and front 6.5" speakers that are 75WRMS aside?

What amps have you got to run all these?

Usually, I'll argue against 6x9s WITH subs (run a search through this sub forum and you'll see my reasoning for it). Powered hard enough, 6x9s are enough on their own. (The Camry I'm running is firm proof of that. Fair enough, I've got 2 pairs of 7x10s on the rear shelf, but I tell you what... for a car with no sub, it'll give you some decents lows or louds!)

6.5" speakers... splits? Coaxials?

Kickers subs? Any reason your stuck on Kicker? Just out of curiosity, I ask this. That's all.

Also... I will say to NEVER go off MAX power readings. Continuous/nominal power is what you're interested in. RMS Power. I've got Kenwood 10" subs that are 600W Max, but that means bugger all to me. It's 200WRMS, which means thats the day-in day-out power it needs to run. Having said all this, I'd be under the impression you'd want 6x9s with 100WRMS and front 6.5" speakers that are 75WRMS aside?

i was going to replace the speakers in the car with these..

was just seeing how much you were selling for because a mate bought a new set for $800.

the speakers were all replaced abit before i bought the car the rear speakers and pioner(dunno how to spell it haha) 220watt each speakers and I'm not sure about the front as i don't want to pull the door apart to check.

i was just after to more wattage speakers because I'm not happy with the sound although i like my sub

my sub is a fusion 1000watt and amp fusion 600watt, how do i make it all sound better or new speakers?

also i have in the boot a set of 1000watt 6x9 in speaker boxes there kingwood wich is a copy of kenwood I'm guessing

Edited by xr8racer

I can access most brands. So it's not what I can sell, it's more like "you give me a budget and I can do my best to work with that". :)

I ain't going to try and get you $800 speakers if you could only realistically afford $350, so let me know what you're willing to spend, and I'll try and accomodate that.

With regards to making your sub sound better, that's based purely on box design and vehicle type. You have a Fusion CS-SW120 12" sub, I presume? (Green cone one). If so, I could always design a box based on the kind of "job" you want it to do... either get loud? Get low? Get punchy?

For newer speakers, if you're on a budget, you can find value for money out of the

*Fusion CP-CM60 6.5" Splits

*Philips CSP-650 6.5" Splits

(Highly recommended) *Morel Maximo 6 splits

The above speakers won't cost you more than $200.

A little bit higher in price:

*Crescendo Opus 1 or Opus 3 (these speakers have been winning in the sound quality comps here in Australia the last couple of years.

*DLS RS6 speakers (one of the best for under $400 recommended retail pricing)

What I will say is.. well powered front speakers and a solid sub in an enclosure, you won't need a pair of 6x9s. You'll get away with a pair of 6.5" coaxials in the back. You'll have ample bass coming from the sub and enough noise up front.

Just a thought.

And yes... Kingwood are "ebay" Kenwoods.

All boils down to what your can afford. So, give me a budget and I'll steer you in the right direction.

Hope this helps :)

Hey man,

I'm just after some ideas for audio upgrades for my AE93 Seca. My goal is sound quality, but i do want to be able to get it loud as well, maybe get a decent figure at sound comps, but I do want to keep the whole setup affordable.

I'm thinking of Clarion 4" speakers for the front, mounted in stock position.

Not really sure what to replace the rear speakers with.

Might put 6" speakers in the parcel shelf

I'd want to get a single ported sub in the boot, probably a 12"

And finally I want to replace the outdated headunit with something which can play Mp3's and has USB input. Maybe an EONON to keep costs down?

How does the above sound and what should I go for to meet my goals?

Hey mate,

I currently have a full Alpine Type S setup in my 09 Ascent. Inclusive of 6" in the front, 6X9's in the rear and two 12" subs powered by a Kicker 750.1 amp. These are being run off a JVC head deck....all in all the system goes alright, but I'm wanting alot more power and clarity, so therefore looking more high end stuff. I was thinking about going to the type R's...but not sure if there is better/lourder/clearer....for cheaper??

Any Suggestions??

Cheers :)

Hi Everybody,

Currently installed in my 1975 Toyota Corona RT104, I have a Kenwood iPod compatible Headunit with 3 RCA out, MB Quart 40RMS 2-way speakers in the front, Kicker KS6930 100W RMS 6x9s in the rear, and a Kicker 'Kick Pack' Sub and amp combo installed in the boot.

I have had this system for over a year and would like to make the most out of it. From reading on forums the best way to do this would be to upgrade my front speakers and then power all of my speakers through a 4 channel amp?

My budget is about $500. JB HiFi is currently having 30%- is there anything there worthy of purchase within my budget, for my needs?

My initial plan is to buy Morel Maximo 6 splits for the front for $189 from Autobarn at Beenleigh (from your suggestion and a comparison review).

I am then thinking about buying the 'Response' 4 x 100 W RMS 4 channel amp from Jaycar for $299 (heard this was the best bang-for-buck 4 channel amp?)

The power cord that is run to power the amp for the kick Pack to the battery already has a spitter installed in the boot; so I can hopefully simply plug the 4 channel amp into here without needing to run another power lead to the battery, as I have always had the intention of running a 4 channel amp at some point in the future.

Is this the best option to make the most out of my current set up?

I believe the Kick Pack provides enough bass for the $300 I initially paid for it.

Any advice or suggestions on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

I'm looking for 6.5 inch speaker mounts where can I buy them from? I'm from adelaide

Pm me any info

Edited by 16bitcelica

Hey guys, is this still going? I'm looking for a few high end items.

H/U: Looking at more second hand a few years older top end eg, Alpine CDA-9835 or newer or F1 status, or Nakamichi/Denon/Eclipse/McIntosh

Needs to be clean and have Front and Sub output (4 way active or ext. Processor with 4 way active or optical output would be a plus)

Does not need internal amp, nice to have a powerful preamp

Time alignment

Processor: Something to suit H/U or compatible at least.

DAC: Something clean that can take USB and be 12v powered

Front speakers: Dynaudio Esotec 362 (or other 3 way split systems with an 8" midbass and self enclosed mid)

Amps: Prefer old school Phoenix Gold like a ZPA 0.5 or MS2250 or M or ZX or Ti

Not looking at getting them right away, just one at a time over time, but would appreciate any help in price or finding of these items