Tiger

Purchase Of Car Audio Gear

like how Xplore is to xplod

Rockford is a division to pioneer which was founded by phillips bit of info if you didnt already know

Members dont see this ad

Nah... Mrs.Tek and Marc Rushton and top friends of mine.. I lose count how many times I cop crap from these two.. I dish it back as best as I can.. that's all I can do! (shrugs) hahaha

Tek is actually handy to keep an eye on forums too... a good critic and a forum "cleaneruperer" (moderator on CAA) Marc's excellent to have on board as his knowledge on this subject excells mine by I don't know how many light years! (have I sucked up your ass enough yet?) :)

like how Xplore is to xplod

Rockford is a division to pioneer which was founded by phillips bit of info if you didnt already know

That is not true at all. Rockford is a division of Rockford Corporation, founded by Jim Fosgate when he debuted his first automotive amplifier at CES of 1973. There is no affiliation with Pioneer or Philips.

Where do people get this sort of information from?

What is a Pioneer "certified" stereo fitter? Pioneer have authorised dealers (that is those that hold legitimate trading accounts) but no certification for fitters. They also do not operate any courses / workshops apart from the odd technical product knowledge nights, so I am very curious what a certified fitter is.

In any case, the information was incorrect.

I worked with this guy at autobarn he did some work for pioneer, the reason we got onto the topic was i told him i got a philips amp and he said they were good as they are the founders of pioneer which in australia is a division of rockford fosgate, i used to order the stuff and it came from the same place.

Without getting all shitty reply to me a bit nicer than you did.

Who's shitty ? I'm just posting factual replies to you.

This is just another reminder of why we shouldn't believe everything we read.

Pioneer in Australia is distributed by Pioneer Electronics Australia (another division of the parent Pioneer Corporation).

Rockford Fosgate is imported and distributed by AZ Trading and has been for many years now. http://www.aztrading.com.au - Note: They do not sell to public.

Philips - the car audio division of Philips was bought out by VDO a few years back now.

Thank you thats better and yes i am going to believe you as your apart of CAA, i just believed what he said cause i was a junior back then and they knew everything that i didnt.

That's cool bro. Not trying to show you up or anything, but I've been doing a fair bit of floating around different forums correcting people lately. Getting a bit sick of the amount of things people are freely posting, which is so often incorrect.

Hey mate thats fine i will say the same as i said to tiger, Even tho i have been a stereo fitter i am no-where as good as you guys so i will still come to you for advice, Not many people know it but just cause your a stereo fitter it don't mean you know it, there is new cars to learn about aswell as new products, I have been out of a proffesional install workplace for 5 years but have been doing it on my own here and there. Thanks for your time dude.

I worked with this guy at autobarn

There lies your problem. :P

I ain't going to split this topic as I simply cannot think of a title to fit it into, but I am not going to delete these posts either, as it has been informative... but I will say can we PLEASE keep this on subject with the title of this thread?

Thanks guys :P