Rians Ke70

rian

nah youll be right, just be careful...

its just pipe after all, it was bent by someone to get it how it is now...

no heat required....think big radius bends, don't try and bend it in a 5mm radius.

what sort of extractors are you going to use? and do you have an ADM T50?

ie is the clutch slave on same side as the exhaust?

if so you will need a banjo fitting into the clutch slave master.

here is one i prepared earlier:

(about 4yrs earlier)

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/ke70dave/clutchslave.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I haven't thought about the extractors yet, I'll probably just use any that I can find. It's an ADM box so yeah slave cylinder is on the passenger side. So the banjo fitting is just so that the clutch soft line doesn't hit the exhaust? That is really helpful Dave, thanks for posting the picture. I'll have to look into it.

I'm thinking about bringing the brown KE70 down to my parents house to do some work on it, I'm moving out of my house in Brisbane soon anyway so I'll have to move it.

I also had a look for a 4AGE in all the corollas at the wreckers today but couldn't find one, I don't even have enough money to buy one at the moment anyway so that's alright.

no dramas, nothing wrong with purchasing parts over time. i spent abotu 2yrs buying parts before i put the engine in. my parents hated me filling the garage:P

yep normally the hydraulic line comes straight out of the clutch slave, and with ADM t50, this goes directly into the extractors.

on my car, i had the factory ae86 exhaust headers, which came damn close to the clutch slave. so i had to use that banjo plug else the clutch line would foul on the exhaust. any hydraulic shop can supply it, that whole line and banjo bolt was about 60bucks i think. braided too and ADR compliant too.

those dodgy "TRD copy" extractors are even worse, my mates 86 had this, and even with the banjo plug it was pretty much touching it, i think we put some sort of shield on the extractors to stop the clutch fluid boiling!

see if you can pickup a set of the 4-2-1 cast factory ae86 headers + steel secondaries, much better than the cheap 4-1 aftermarket things.

and people tend to throw out the 4-2-1's for bugger all, i got mine for 20 bucks!

see if you can pickup a set of the 4-2-1 cast factory ae86 headers + steel secondaries, much better than the cheap 4-1 aftermarket things.

and people tend to throw out the 4-2-1's for bugger all, i got mine for 20 bucks!

I rate this, gives the car a beefy torque curve through mid range, and does not tail off

That's what I've been thinking, I'm not particularly interested in spending lots of money on performance parts just yet. I just want to get the engine in and get in going, so basically I'm just going to use standard parts. I'm sure a standard 4AGE is going to be a massive improvement on the original 4K anyway, and that will probably keep me happy for a while.

Also I'm thinking of making some fibreglass panels, it doesn't seem all that hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL0T47Qjs8&feature=player_embedded

Thanks to Spencer for posted this video the other day, I think it's pretty cool and I want to give it a try.

Famous last words. :wink:

lol.

Do you think I should give it a try? It doesn't seem hard, it just seems like it would take a long time. I recall someone on here made fibreglass panels for their track car and the turned out pretty good.

It does seem pretty easy hey Abbott.

Edited by rianwest

Its a easy process just real messy its can get difficult on complex panels. Remember in the video he makes a negative copy, so each panel will need to be done twice to get the postive.

But wants you go the negative you can pretty make as many copys as you want if you look after the negative, even sell them.

I'm doing it on my bonnet,engine cover and boot on my aw11.

So I started making some coilovers today. So far I've only cut the spring seat of the AE86 struts and tested to see how the T3 sleeves fit.

post-9612-0-62053400-1323144564_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-56897100-1323144592_thumb.jpg

The T3 sleeve doesn't fit very tight, I may have to cut up some aluminium cans to fit in between the sleeve and the strut.

Here you can see the sleeve rattle on the strut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH-w1ZNKz_c

Edited by rianwest

Jacob you should defs come help out when I bring it down!

Yeah abbott that's what I want to do as well, there would be no issues with wheels hitting guards anymore(once I get wider wheels that is haha).

Spence I'm going to keep an eye on your thread to see how you go with it.

Edited by rianwest