Rians Ke70

rian

Id love to come down but I will prob only get one day away from the ball and chain and that will be used swapping more stuff off Cop Bait.

Bummer man.

Every bolt I unscrew is torture. Poor car.

Remember what I said about PB! lol

Members dont see this ad

Okay so I managed to get a T18 pedal box, master cylinder, slave cylinder and clutch line. One step closer:

post-9612-0-51147100-1323675809_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-74318900-1323675871_thumb.jpg

I specifically requested to get all the bolts and springs and stuff and they actually remembered!

post-9612-0-18514400-1323675964_thumb.jpg

When I bring the car home I'll get my friend who can weld to stick the steering column mount from the KE70 pedal onto the T18 pedal box so my steering wheel doesn't get pushed to the side like it would if I were to just put the T18 pedal box straight in.

Edited by rianwest

Also in T18s the pedal box is supposedly part of the dash frame and so I had to get the pedal box cut out (I think the guys at the wreckers were just being lazy because the other T18 pedal boxes I've seen don't appear to be that way), so I'm not sure but I may have to trim the top part of the pedal box to get it to fit into the brown KE70.

Here's a side view of the pedal box:

post-9612-0-29146400-1323676780_thumb.jpg

Also ordered myself a Exedy heavy duty clutch kit. I'm getting shit done!

...slowly.

Edited by rianwest

Thanks Zeph!

So lately I've noticed a squeaking/twisting sounds coming form my suspension in the blue KE70 when I turned. I assumed that the spring seat was somehow binding to the camber plate. But when I popped the bonnet and got someone to turn the steering wheel with the wheels still on the ground it appeared that the upper spring seat was spinning with the spring. Though it definitely made a funny sound when the wheels were turning.

I decided to pull it all out and check what was going on, and what I found was that my T3 camber plate bearings were not spinning.

WTF?! I only just put them in and they've already stopped working!

I think I might contact T3 and see what the go is.

post-9612-0-65860000-1323853564_thumb.jpg

I was also wondering if it made any difference if the little spacer thing went in the bottom or top of the bearing, I've been using it in the top. Refer to pictures below:

Spacer thing in the top:

post-9612-0-65774000-1323853918_thumb.jpg

Spacer thing in the bottom:

post-9612-0-52909800-1323854072_thumb.jpg

Edited by rianwest

I just put it all back together, the noise randomly stopped. Though the camber plate bearing still does not spin, instead the shock shaft spins inside the shock. I've never really paid attention as to what part normally spins: the bearing in the camber plate or the shock shaft inside the shock. So I'm not sure whether this is a good result or not, but as long as it doesn't wear the shock out any quicker than normal I couldn't really care :happy:

Edited by rianwest

Spaces goes at the bottom, you need the t3 top hat system to go with it. There was a big thread on ae86dc about t3 camberplates not too long ago if you do a search.

If you get Rota's ill be disappointed, need 13's or 14's only. 15's look stupid on KE70's.

Spacer goes in the top according to T3, I have the T3 upper spring seats also. 15s look fine on KE70s, besides this is a track car not a fully hectic JDM wannabe car.

looks are a personal choice, but good luck finding any decent tyres in 14"!

^What I was thinking.